autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze - Show Car Finish in minutes

As some of you know I own a 2005 Roush Mustang and since I do not have the time to do a full correction I needed something that would fill in the swirl marks. Since I try to keep my Mustang looking like new I hate having any swirls in the paint I decided I would put a glaze on the paint to hide them until I move and have proper equipment to keep from installing them. After doing some research and trying to find a glaze that did not have any cutting abilities just one that would fill in the swirls. I found that Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze would be the perfect product. This product is the perfect product if you have a last minute car show and are trying to find a product that will fill in most of the imperfections. Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze also contains Carnauba Wax so it will provide protection and add more gloss then a conventional Glaze.

I was amazed how this product could be used in the sun and not streak. When applying Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze I used Wolfgang German Polish N’ Wax Applicator since you can use the gray side to apply glazes this was the perfect pad to use. When wiping it off Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze I recommend using a high quality towel such as the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel.

After applying Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze I notice that it had filled in the swirl leaving nothing but a perfect reflection. After wiping it off I noticed the paint had more depth. I was surprised how good this product did from being applied by hand.

Benefit of Using applying Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze
    - It will add depth to your paint and deep gloss
    - Will fill in swirl marks in a small amount of time
    - Is formulated to be used in the sun
    - Contains Carnauba wax so it will add protection and a deep gloss.

Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze

Wolfgang German Polish N’ Wax Applicator

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel

Post Thanks / Like
    I think glazes in general get a bum rap. They have a place and are suited for what they are intended. I always put down a glaze before a car show or when I refuse to shave off anymore clearcoat.

Here's a crazy thought...instead of shaving clearcoat off, why not repair it by filling the scratches in...but making the product as durable as a coating ?

Whoever comes up with that will make a ton of new customers. If a filling glaze had the durability of a coating it would be a game changer and glazes would be getting a lot of attention.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze - Show Car Finish in minutes

Great results Bryan , you happen to work allot mate ! Keep these coming up .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I think glazes in general get a bum rap. They have a place and are suited for what they are intended. I always put down a glaze before a car show or when I refuse to shave off anymore clearcoat.

Here's a crazy thought...instead of shaving clearcoat off, why not repair it by filling the scratches in...but making the product as durable as a coating ?

Whoever comes up with that will make a ton of new customers. If a filling glaze had the durability of a coating it would be a game changer and glazes would be getting a lot of attention.
    I think Wolf's is claiming up to 6 months with their new Nano glaze. Really looking forward to hearing some reviews on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glazes do get a bum wrap. I mean why remove paint if you don't want or have too?
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

This product sounds a lot like Prima Banana Gloss. Has anyone had the chance to try both and compare the two of them . I would be very interested in hearing the results.

Post Thanks / Like

I used this on my black Grand Prix which I no longer have after polishing with XMT #3 and then #1. It cleaned all the last little swirls out and left the paint perfect and ready for topping with 845. I got TONS of compliments after doing this.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

For some of us that only own black vehicles this product is a life saver in a pinch to get a great shine and hide some of the not so pretty spots!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this glaze today on a black (bc/cc) chevy truck. I applied it with a flex and a black polishing pad. I could see the paint darkening and getting that "wet look". It worked great and left a smooth, just waxed looking finish. There was no streaking. Just for fun, i topped it with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and it turned into a mirror. Great stuff !