autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

megs hot shine tire coating

aerosol. never let me down. may be too glossy for some, but the finish it leaves is uniform and looks great. no sling. and lasts. i use a wheel shield before i spray it on, so the wheels get protected from the spray. it has been my go to tire dressing.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: megs hot shine tire coating

I've used this product in a pump sprayer and it does leave the tire looking wet and shinny. Some like this appearance while others do not. If it's a bit too glossy, let it stand for about 10 minutes then wipe any excess with a dry rag and this tones down high gloss quite a bit....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Used it last weekend on the wife's car and I noticed yesterday the tires still shine. Definetly the longest lasting tire coating I've used. Like the aerosole too.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind there are three aerosol Meguiar's tire dressings that I've seen OTC.

There's...hot shire tire coating, hot shine foam, and endurance spray.

Per the OP, I've been using the hot shine tire coating with great results. When first sprayed, the tires are extremely glossy. Wipe off the excess (I use a sponge tire applicator to spread and wipe off excess), and in a few days, the tires look very clean with a little bit of shine. I've been extremely impressed with this product. The shine really evens out after a day or so, then stays clean looking for at least a week.

Also, note that this is an excellent product for truck tires. With larger sidewalls, the benefits of the aerosol can make application much easier, as compared to the dressing/sponge method.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want a dirt magnet and messy wet spray, then this is the product
    to use. You certainly can drive off with a load of stuck on dirt.
    Also the word coating on the label is misrepresentative. This is product is a dressing.

As a consumer I am not satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sidon View Post
    Also the word coating on the label is misrepresentative. This is product is a dressing.

I agreed with this for good reasons: One: I drive in 3 parts of the city: local, Freeway, and dirt roads. I got from the west side of town, to the far east, and then through the downtown area. My tires get to experience all sorts of temperatures and conditions. Either way, its not my review but here are my two cents: Degrease the tires, and apply this dressing in hope that It would repel all that damn trailer dust. It look shinny for 1 hour after it turn dull, by the next hours of ridding, all of it had evaporated. After an additional cleaning and application, this attracts more dust to the tire than an old man with a broken ankle at your local park.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidon View Post

Looks nice when applied, but I agree with your comments. Also, once it collects dirt and dust, it's a bear to remove and get back to a clean tire. I like Poorboys tire dressing much better, still a little hard to clean off though.

Post Thanks / Like

i have sinced moved on to gels with the CARRAND TIRE BRUSH APPLICATOR. i hated gels till i used this applicator. been using wolfgang tire gel and have DP tire gel ready to go.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    i have sinced moved on to gels with the CARRAND TIRE BRUSH APPLICATOR. i hated gels till i used this applicator. been using wolfgang tire gel and have DP tire gel ready to go.

Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator
    This is the brush I use. It works great with Tuff Shine as well. You can really brush the dressing into the cracks. The best thing about the brush is you are able to get it 100% clean, no more gooey gross tire foams sitting around.

Also, it lasts forever. I've been using the same 2 brushes (one for Tuff Shine / one for conventional products) for over a year now. They hold up well. When your done you can clean the brush with the harshest of degreasers without bothering it. Comes clean as new.

Post Thanks / Like

Darn I wish I'd known about those brushes when I put my AG order in last week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast