autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Microfiber Detergent

I have been using Chemical Guys Microfiber Cleaning Detergent for a bit now and do like it. I had some dirty towels that needed cleaning after doing an interior and door jams. I choose these towels because they were more than filthy and wanted to really put the product to work.

I added 1oz of product to a 2.5 gal pail of hot water and then added the towels. I let them soak for about 20 mins and then dumped the towels and water into the washing machine. I put the water level on low and the temp on warm/warm and turned it on.

After the washer had completed it's thing I took the towels out and inspected. Although the towels are not totally clean they are acceptable to go back to work cleaning door jams and interiors again.

My final thoughts on the Chemical Guys detergent is that I do like it. Even if you have a large load you only add 2oz of product and the towels come out very clean. The detergent leaves the towels soft and the fibers not matted up. I let my towels air dry and do not put them in the dryer.

Thanks for viewing and would like to hear what others think of the product of if they use another cleaner with good results.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Microfiber Detergent

I like the CGs microfiber detergent and buy it by the gallon. I bought some Blackfire restorer/detergent on BOGO and I think I like it better. The towels come out cleaner, however, I doubled up on the CGs product and the towels came out cleaner too. I think adding a little more of the CG detergent than recommended will do a better job for you.

Lately I have been dropping in a gel pac of All (the one that is "free" of of scents, softeners, bleach, etc.). This pac is in addition to the microfiber detergent. I find the towels are cleaner and softer. I am going to continue to experiment by adding regular wash detergent to the microfiber detergent.

After use and prior to wash, I also pre-soak my dirtiest towels in a tub of very hot water and OxyClean stain remover for about an hour or two, agitating and stirring the towels every now and then. I think this pre-soak is the best thing you can do for dirty towels. And in all cases, I give them a second rinse with white vinegar. The great assassin of microfiber is soap and I believe the extra rinse with vinegar helps to remove all soap in the towel. I need to edit this to add that I agree with you about the line air dry. I seldom dry my microfibers in the electric dryer.
    Last edited by Shortspark; 06-24-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: addition

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Detailers Pro Series Microfiber Cleaner Detailer's Microfiber Cleaner 128 oz. with good results.

I put 2oz in 3 gallons of water in a bucket. As I use towels, I throw them in the bucket to soak and then dump the bucket into the washing machine and add another 2oz and wash on HOT.

I tested the water going into the wash at 147F. I bet the temp drops substantially when the water hits the 72F metal washing machine tub.

The tag on some microfibers I recently purchased indicates "Do not heat above 195F"

I check the towels before I put them in the dryer and if they are not very clean, I hit the dirty spots with Shout and rewash w/ 2oz of DPSMC.

This seems to work every time.

Post Thanks / Like

I was happy with the results. I haven't tried the vinegar on the rinse cycle but will have to. Does it make the towels feel different or just aid in all the wax etc. residual removal?

I have not tried anything else with the Chem Guys cleaner but maybe will try a touch of liquid detergent of another brand just to see.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailers Pro Series Microfiber Cleaner is on Sale right now

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I use CG's microfiber detergent and a scoop OXY. If they are real dirty I just let them soak in that for an hr. This works great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've use CGs, DP, and Blackfire. It just seems towels come out the nicest with BF. CGs I liked the least, but its not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

CG, 19.99 for a gallon doesn't hurt and its dine good by me! But Blackfire is the best, too bad the price on the gallon jumped. Cost is a deciding factor for me at least.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

It's okay to wash with hot water in the washing machine? I know it's bad to use hot air

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
    It's okay to wash with hot water in the washing machine? I know it's bad to use hot air
    I use hot water and dry low heat, never have seen any issues. People tend to over think towel care. use a good detergent, and you'll be fine!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast