autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax

Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax

Link to product:
    Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax

Product description:
    Poorboys Natty’s Red Wax is made of the same high grade carnauba as the other Natty’s waxes but it has the added benefit of a wetter gloss and easier application. All Poorboys are easy to use and never finicky, but Natty’s Red is just a little easier. The carnauba spreads more easily and gives the paint a deeper, wetter gloss. Wipe it on, buff it off and stand back to admire the paint’s glistening shine.

Poorboys Natty’s Red Wax is not the chalky carnauba paste wax of 20 years ago. It wipes on in a thin, buttery coat. Apply Natty’s Red in the sun or shade. The results always exceed your expectations.

Speaking of expectations, you wouldn’t expect this kind of shine from a $25 wax. Poorboys Natty’s Red brings out the color of your vehicle and amplifies it under a clear, liquid-looking gloss. The natural protective properties of carnauba are enhanced with added UV absorbers for dependable paint protection.

Poorboys Natty’s Red Wax looks best on a properly prepped surface. If your vehicle has swirls or oxidation, it will show through the wax coat. Carnauba wax can fill very light swirls but anything more should be polished out using Poorboys excellent Super Swirl Removers.

Poorboys Natty’s Red Wax also makes an outstanding topper. Apply your favorite paint sealant and allow it to cure. (Typically, it will set in about an hour and you can apply products on top of it.) Apply Poorboys Natty’s Red Wax over the sealant to get the long-lasting protection of a sealant and the wet gloss of a quality carnauba paste wax.

Price:
    -24.99 for an 8oz pot.

Initial impressions:
    -Red/pink color
    -Smells like strawberry Big League Chew
    -No o-ring around lid
    -It's a hard paste wax

Preparation:
    -Car was washed with Dawn and left to dwell to remove previous LSP's.
    -Car was then dried dried and treated with IronX paste to remove iron embedded into clear coat.
    -All exterior surfaces were clayed.
    -All exterior surfaces were wiped down with 17.5% Isopropyl Alcohol to make a clean surface for the wax to bond to.

Application & removal:
    Applying Natty's red could not have been more easy. To start, I went with a quarter turn in the pot with a foam applicator, but found that 1-2 full turns in the pot to prime the pad ended up being the best way to start. After that, a quarter or half turn is more than enough needed to do a whole panel. You can do 2 panels with a quarter turn if you want to be frugal, but the lubricity will die down and you will have to work harder to apply. I found that it spread the best in circular, over-lapping passes. I applied to panel 1, reloaded the applicator then when to panel 2 and applied to that panel too. I then went back to panel 1 to wipe off the residue then when to panel 3, reloaded the applicator and applied the wax, then went back to panel 2 to wipe off the residue. This was the best way to remove the wax. It came off super easy with no effort at all. If you wait any longer than that, you get spots that require a little pressure to remove. The wax actually starts to haze right as you are applying it and seems almost like it can be used as a wipe-on, wipe-off wax. The smell is great and actually fills your garage with the smell.

Durability:
    I can't really comment on the durability because there are too many factors involved in this. The car is going to be used for the next week and then is going to sit in the garage un-used until August. I also wash weekly and apply a spray wax after every wash so that slightly extends the durability.

Looks:
    I will report back on the gloss and appearance when the sun is actually out. It's been raining since monday morning.

Conclusion:
    I am very happy I got this wax. Its really easy to apply and remove. From what I could see from under my swirl light, it really brought the metallic out. The sun should really tell me if it did whenever it stops raining. I would definitely buy it again and have no regrets that I did in the first place.

Pictures:
    Initial amount used for 1 panel.

Goes on thin.

Amount used on the car except for the front bumper and the top of the trunk lid.

A little side note. This wax has a habit of drying up and cracking inside the pot because there is no o-ring to seal the pot up. I double zip lock bag it to prevent the wax from drying out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax

Great review!
    Question about durability, why wont you be able to comment? Have you used other waxes on this car? I would love to know about how it compares.
    Like my company on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSimmondsGroup

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeR/T View Post
    Great review!
    Question about durability, why wont you be able to comment? Have you used other waxes on this car? I would love to know about how it compares.
    Well like I said, except for the rest of this week and next week, the car is going to be sitting in my garage un-used until mid August. I do have Zymol Glasur on the top of the truck lid and BFWD on the front bumper, wheels, and side skirts. There is also too many factors. I use spray waxes after every wash, wash the car weekly, its in South Carolina heat, stays in a garage, etc. The car is only driven 50-75 miles a week so its really hard to get an accurate durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!!!! I love nattys red its good stuff. I've seen it last a good 5-6 months if properly maintained.
    \Rafael/
    Infiniti G35

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great write up thanks =)

The look gets even better the next day after it has sat overnight

Natty's Red can easily be used as a WOWO product with no ill effects on longevity.
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Natty's have any polymers? Is it a "hybrid"?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty good man! Any depth added?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets @Poorboy'sWorld View Post
    Great write up thanks =)

The look gets even better the next day after it has sat overnight

Natty's Red can easily be used as a WOWO product with no ill effects on longevity.
    Quick question, what is the expected durability of Natty's red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    Looks pretty good man! Any depth added?
    The sun still hasn't come out From what I can tell in the garage, it sort of has a candied look and looks similar to V07.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Expected durability is very hard to determine due to conditions but 2-4 months would be the bracket.

Did you notice that it got better the next day?
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I had reverse results. I had a tub of this..i tried to use it some time ago on hood of my old Mustang. I applied it nice and thin and went to buff it off after was applied to hood. Was done in a garage out of sun light. it was a PITA to remove. I never used it again after that..i had it for a few years just so i could open it once in a while to smell it. I traded it off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast