autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wheel + Tire Care with Chemical Guys

I was frustrated with CG NONSENsE as a tire cleaner at 1:10, so I had about 10 oz left at that dilution and figured I'd just add about an ounce of NONSENsE but I didn't actually measure it. It still isn't very good as a tire cleaner, but does an okay job. All Clean+ is better even at 1:10. Anyway, my random dilution NONSENsE was an amazing wheel cleaner. Easily as good or better than the color changing ones and it foams really well.

Before there is some very heavy brake dust.

And after:

What you see left here is some very caked on grease and I have yet to be able to remove it with anything, but NONSENsE has actually lightened it up the best so far. Directly behind the spoke has been on there for 2 years and probably needs some very deep cleaning with the wheel off.

And to top it off, here is Silk Shine on the tire:

As you can see it makes the tire very black but not too shiny. I sprayed it onto an applicator and it spread very far and easily that way. It is water based and dry to the touch in under a minute. I will update later with durability. NONSENsE is also great for carpets and interior at 1:10 for really dirty stuff and 1:20 for maintenance cleaning. Silk Shine is great on plastic, leather, vinyl, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheel + Tire Care with Chemical Guys

Update: Yesterday there was a lot of rain, and despite not driving in it, I'd say about 75% of the Silk Shine wore off. The tire still looks a little dark, but not dressed like it does above. Overall, it is a great product as long as you live in a dry area. I still love it for interiors though.