autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aqualpel, not worth the hype

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Why not just use your favorite sealant on the glass, its what I do and in steady rain at highway speeds no using the wipers, awesome!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    I tired Powerlock on the windshield. I will never do that again!

I made it almost impossible to look through the glass the first time it rained. It created a hazy opaque layer when the wipers started to work and it took almost 30 minutes before it went away. After that I had streaking like crazy and it did a really poor job. I went back to Rain-X for now. I will very likelly try Opti-Glass at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

I made it almost impossible to look through the glass the first time it rained. It created a hazy opaque layer when the wipers started to work and it took almost 30 minutes before it went away. After that I had streaking like crazy and it did a really poor job. I went back to Rain-X for now. I will very likelly try Opti-Glass at some point.
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna be sealing my car with PL soon. I'll stick with my stoners rain repel for the glass

Post Thanks / Like

I have had Aquapel on my and my wife's car for about 3-4 months now and it is still working. I have had no issues on either car since application, which was very easy. One thing I really like is that it is a lot easier to clean off the ice/snow with the Aquapel. I have some Flyby30 on the way and will be applying that once the Aquapel wears off or I decide to polish it off and apply the Flyby30.

The nice thing about Aquapel for me is that a local automotive body/paint distributor carries it so I don't have to order it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Rain is something my vehicles see a lot of, living here in Vancouver BC. I'm trying the Pinnacle Glass Twins this winter. It is so-so (so far) - the Rain-X performs much better at initial application. The rain will dance off at around 45mph, but somehow hesitatingly, not flying off as I expected. I'll buff it all off again next month and give it another try with more coats this time. If the results are the same, I'll finish off the product (I've got 5 vehicles in my family I can use it on) and try another, maybe the Aquapel!

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt looking back and thinking about variability of longevity, and other qualities can be caused by inadequate prep.

With that said, what will be good simple products and prep for best results? Claying I can understand, that if the paint is loaded with contaminants, then the glass would most likely be as well.

After Claying, then what? I have Pinnacle's Water Spot Remover and cleaner, great product, but should something else be done? Is IPA Alcohol considered a good "stripper", and prep product, or no?

What about something like Carpro Eraser? Good, or is there better?

In regards to Wiper Chatter, I've noted it with various products, and seems at times just cannot get away from it no matter what.

I know many say dirty blades or old blades, and of course this should help performance.

What I wonder are other variables, pressure of the Blades upon the Glass, or even the quality of the Blades themselves? So I ask, are better quality blades better in this regard of eliminating chatter? I would assume there is a difference in the rubber compound, that better quality Blades of course should last longer than the cheapies.
    Thanks, Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I still like Rain x cheap it works and a bottle last...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    I still like Rain x cheap it works and a bottle last...

Post Thanks / Like

To prep my windows for Aquapel I first washed the windows with Invisible Glass, went over them with the Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine foam pad, deep cleaned with Rain-X X-treme Clean and rinsed then used IPO wipe down. After all of this I applied my Aquapel as per the instructions.

I should note then when I applied the X-treme Clean I used a cordless drill with the Meguiar's headlight wool pad attachment. X-treme Clean and the wool pad drill attachment make quick work and give a thorough cleaning of the glass with my experience using that combination. I had these on hand that I had previously purchased at a local store rather than spending money on more stuff which made my wife happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Why not just use your favorite sealant on the glass, its what I do and in steady rain at highway speeds no using the wipers, awesome!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    I put a coat of Jetseal on a couple months ago and found it works great on windshields. No need for a windshield only product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

I'm glad I saw this, I have a bottle of Powerlock that I'm going to try when I use up the rest of the Jetseal. Think I might try the Powerlock this spring and save the rest of the Jetseal for the windows.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345