autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aqualpel, not worth the hype

I remember reading somewhere that aquapel had some pretty harsh chemicals in it so I didn't purchase it.

I applied CarPro flyby30 to all of my glass about a month ago and it is an outstanding product. I was in a heavy rainstorm two days ago, and I mean heavy... The water flew off the glass like crazy at 55mph. I don't see many people on here that have used it but you might want to give it a try. For under $20 it can be used on many, many cars.

Supposed to last 6-8 months, so we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that aquapel had some pretty harsh chemicals in it so I didn't purchase it.

I applied CarPro flyby30 to all of my glass about a month ago and it is an outstanding product. I was in a heavy rainstorm two days ago, and I mean heavy... The water flew off the glass like crazy at 55mph. I don't see many people on here that have used it but you might want to give it a try. For under $20 it can be used on many, many cars.

Supposed to last 6-8 months, so we'll see.
    Right now my wife's Kia has the driver's side coated with FlyBy30 and the passenger side treated with Rain-X. I think it's only been about 45 days since application but I can already notice the Rain-X side starting to diminish. FlyBy30, on the other hand, is still going strong!

One thing I will say is that the FlyBy30 side did experience some wiper chatter initially, while the Rain-X side did not...

Full write up to come once long term testing is done.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Right now my wife's Kia has the driver's side coated with FlyBy30 and the passenger side treated with Rain-X. I think it's only been about 45 days since application but I can already notice the Rain-X side starting to diminish. FlyBy30, on the other hand, is still going strong!

One thing I will say is that the FlyBy30 side did experience some wiper chatter initially, while the Rain-X side did not...

Full write up to come once long term testing is done.
    Has the wiper chatter gone away since then? I never have any because I don't use my wipers haha. I hate the outline it leaves on the glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm comparing aquapel to flyby right now and cannot tell a difference nor can my passengers who have no idea about either product

Post Thanks / Like

I use G1 topped with G5.
    G5 is more forgiving on the "chatter department" but if you wipe the blades thoroughly you won't have such a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I too was considering a Aquapel purchase but couldn't find out much about it. I read a lot of conflicting reviews and this thread popped up so I decided to delay purchasing this.

I have always used Rain-X. No, it doesn't last long. Yes, there is windshield wiper chatter and it does leave an imprint of the wiper blade on the windshield. I am able to overlook these things because the night I am in a heavy rainstorm and am actually able to see the road the minor annoyances seem trivial.
    2013 Nissan Sentra SL (Arctic White)
    2013 Nissan Altima S (Metallic Grey)
    2012 Toyota Corolla S 5 speed (White)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Has the wiper chatter gone away since then? I never have any because I don't use my wipers haha. I hate the outline it leaves on the glass.
    I finally figured out the wiper chatter was due to the blades being a little dirty. They essentially have to be surgically clean in order to operate smoothly. I cleaned up the blades with Eraser (as directed in FlyBy30 instructions) and the wiper chatter immediately went away.

I don't use the wipers either... but this is my wife's DD and she likes to use them. That's why I did the 50/50 on her car because she uses it more like a "normal" person, haha.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at FlyBy30 on Coreys site... it seems tempting, but I was doing more research on reviews of the product before pulling the trigger. Opti glass is higher priced than where I want to be. As for all the tips on the Aquapel application, they are pretty much how I explained my initial application of the product. For the record I never said it didn't work, it just does not work as effectively as plain old RainX when it has been first applied. The best comparison I can offer is Aqualpel sheds water similar to putting paint sealant on the glass.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast