autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing: Duragloss Squeaky Clean

Thanks Richy! I'm excited to see how SC will compare to P21 Paintwork Cleaner and Pinnacles Cleaning Lotion.

You mentioned pre-release of SC straight from Duragloss. Can you provide the link or send me a PM? I could not find it on DG webpage.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    Thanks Richy! I'm excited to see how SC will compare to P21 Paintwork Cleaner and Pinnacles Cleaning Lotion.

You mentioned pre-release of SC straight from Duragloss. Can you provide the link or send me a PM? I could not find it on DG webpage.
    It's not on their site yet; you need to call.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see anything on the duragloss site about them shipping to Canada?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    Didn't see anything on the duragloss site about them shipping to Canada?
    No, but they will. Just MAKE SURE you tell them not to ship via UPS. UPS will rape you with border fees. USPS is the way to go shipping to Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    No, but they will. Just MAKE SURE you tell them not to ship via UPS. UPS will rape you with border fees. USPS is the way to go shipping to Canada.

I contacted them, they said the product is still in testing and cannot be sold... and that they don't ship via USPS to Canada... doh!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Hyper Polish (not a huge fan of it compared to others) for the purpose of it being supposedly "coating ready". If I'm not mistaken, Chris still advised to do an ONR wipedown after HP and before coating. I certainly would not go from that to a coating without either an ERASER wipedown or ONR. Even with using HP, the SC will show you the true condition of the paint, and, it being a cleaner, you may be pleasently surprised at the little bump in appearance you get!
    Just to share my experience, I've gone from hyper polish to damp MF wipedown (water) to OC with no issues. At around 8 months on my car via that method.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Just to share my experience, I've gone from hyper polish to damp MF wipedown (water) to OC with no issues. At around 8 months on my car via that method.
    Roshan, I don't doubt you, I just need to be sure as I'm selling this product and it would kill me time-wise to have to re-do one b/c it didn't bond properly. I can't take that risk. There's not a huge difference between ONR and water, but I feel better about using the ONR. Plus, with the lubricity of it, I know I won't get marring, even on soft paint. It's like an insurance policy.

Post Thanks / Like

Roshan, I don't doubt you, I just need to be sure as I'm selling this product and it would kill me time-wise to have to re-do one b/c it didn't bond properly. I can't take that risk. There's not a huge difference between ONR and water, but I feel better about using the ONR. Plus, with the lubricity of it, I know I won't get marring, even on soft paint. It's like an insurance policy.
    Richy, I totally understand where you're coming from, and I agree with your reasoning
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't 601 does the same job of cleaning the paint and leaves nothing behind? It also helps all their sealants to bond better.

What additional benefit does SC bring to the table, considering DG doesn't even have a COATING in their range?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supernaut View Post
    Doesn't 601 does the same job of cleaning the paint and leaves nothing behind? It also helps all their sealants to bond better.

What additional benefit does SC bring to the table, considering DG doesn't even have a COATING in their range?
    Had you read my opening post, you would have read that I had specifically requested that this product be made. With coatings becoming so popular, it seemed to be a no-brainer to bring it to market. 601 is not a cleaner on the level like 501 is. I wanted something strong like 501 but without a sealant aspect to it. DG doesn't need to have a coating to be able to make this product.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast