autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    No abrasives, no. Strictly a cleaning product. Call to order. At this point only 8 oz size.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I'll be calling Monday. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing: Duragloss Squeaky Clean

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    P21S and all the other paint cleaners leave something behind(oils, etc..). That's the unique part of squeaky clean, nothing is left behind.

Interesting...

... I did a separate wipe down to ensure any residue from SC was off the surface.

Interesting. What sort of residue? In my mind any residue left behind by squeaky clean doesn't equal "nothing is left behind".

Nothing wrong with doing an extra wipe down to "ensure" the paint is clean, but when a claim is made there needs to be a delivery as well. In this case, I think all that's needed is some clarification.

I'm not trying to rain on a new product from Duragloss, or richy's parade here (have no reason to), rather, it seems further explanation/clarification is needed, at least for me, as to why the extra wipe down was needed. I thought this products was to clean the paint before a coating was applied. That means you should be able to go straight from the squeaky clean step straight to the coating. Unless of course there's dust that needs to be removed, but I've never heard dust termed as a residue. As Mike Phillips has said so often, 'words mean someting...just ask any attorney'.
    About 18 months ago I asked Jerry to try to create a paint cleaner/surface prep product that would be specifically very appropriate for use prior to coating paint and wheels and glass. As you know, in order for the coatings to be their most effective, the surface must be squeaky clean in order to obtain a successful bond.
    If the product is to work as described, and consumers buy it based on claims, then the product needs to deliver. In this case, not only deliver in cleaning the paint, but also negate the need for an additional wipe down prior to applying a coating, which was how it's been described here.

Richy does great work and I always enjoy his postings. I'm sure he can/will further explain why he did the additional wipe down, so I won't attempt to put words on this page for him.

I have no doubt that this Duragloss product is good. I don't doubt any of richy's claims in this introduction. However, given Marks comments ("nothing is left behind") in comparison to richy's description above...I am left a bit confused, and I think for good cause since the comments contradict each other and indeed richy did do an additional wipe down after using the new product.

I'm sure richy will chime in and clarify this for me, as well as for other folks. Again, not knocking richy, nor his introduction, nor the product. Just need some clarification.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, I had no idea that Richy did a seperate wipe down. I was just going off what Richy said, "nothing left behind". If nothing is left behind, there shouldn't be any need AT ALL for a wipe down. If there is any doubt that a wipe down is needed, the paint cannot be "squeaky clean".
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Bill, I had no idea that Richy did a seperate wipe down. I was just going off what Richy said, "nothing left behind". If nothing is left behind, there shouldn't be any need AT ALL for a wipe down. If there is any doubt that a wipe down is needed, the paint cannot be "squeaky clean".
    Exactly my point.

Again, I didn't post that to pick on richy, rather, it's just something I picked up on in both threads and a question came to mind.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    This is awesome, I can't wait.

So does it have the cleaning abilities as dg 501 but without the sealant? Or does it simply remove all oils?
    Yeah, that's what he said it was like in the 1st post, I can't wait to get a bottle soon!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    Or does it simply remove all oils?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yeah, that's what he said it was like in the 1st post, ...
    That's what I understood richy to write:
    DG Squeaky Clean = cleaner with zero sealant.
    DG 501 = cleaners AND sealant.

However...

Just so there's no confusion as to what was actually written. Click on the little red box in the quote to see the entire posts by richy.

It is an excellent choice to make sure any polishing oils or surface residue is gone prior to coating. SC leaves nothing behind itself.
    Then ...

I did a separate wipe down to ensure any residue from SC was off the surface.
    A yellow flag went up for me when reading these comments, thus my questions.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

so is this pretty much Duragloss's version of the Wolfgang Paint Cleanser or Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion? (from my understanding, these are to remove old wax etc for a fresh coat of LSP)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Interesting...

Interesting. What sort of residue? In my mind any residue left behind by squeaky clean doesn't equal "nothing is left behind".

Nothing wrong with doing an extra wipe down to "ensure" the paint is clean, but when a claim is made there needs to be a delivery as well. In this case, I think all that's needed is some clarification.

I'm not trying to rain on a new product from Duragloss, or richy's parade here (have no reason to), rather, it seems further explanation/clarification is needed, at least for me, as to why the extra wipe down was needed. I thought this products was to clean the paint before a coating was applied. That means you should be able to go straight from the squeaky clean step straight to the coating. Unless of course there's dust that needs to be removed, but I've never heard dust termed as a residue. As Mike Phillips has said so often, 'words mean someting...just ask any attorney'.If the product is to work as described, and consumers buy it based on claims, then the product needs to deliver. In this case, not only deliver in cleaning the paint, but also negate the need for an additional wipe down prior to applying a coating, which was how it's been described here.

Richy does great work and I always enjoy his postings. I'm sure he can/will further explain why he did the additional wipe down, so I won't attempt to put words on this page for him.

I have no doubt that this Duragloss product is good. I don't doubt any of richy's claims in this introduction. However, given Marks comments ("nothing is left behind") in comparison to richy's description above...I am left a bit confused, and I think for good cause since the comments contradict each other and indeed richy did do an additional wipe down after using the new product.

I'm sure richy will chime in and clarify this for me, as well as for other folks. Again, not knocking richy, nor his introduction, nor the product. Just need some clarification.
    Bill, I'm sorry if I caused confusion. When you are putting on a product such as this and wiping it off, I go over it with a dampened mf with ONR just to make sure I've removed everything (SC) from the surface. It's a very fast step and, in my opinion, is just an insurance policy to make sure you've not left any SC behind. You could probably follow it up with another mf too for that matter. I am just in the habit of using a dampened mf with ONR, that's all. Does that make sense? I'm not saying that SC leaves anything behind on its own. It's just any time you put a product on the paint, especially the last one, you want to make sure you've got it all removed, that's all. I'm just giving you the honest approach that I take. I am paranoid perhaps, but I'm OK with that, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

The irony there is that ONR is leaving something behind no? Isnt the point to get it as clean as possible before applying a sealant/coating/etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mavin View Post
    The irony there is that ONR is leaving something behind no? Isnt the point to get it as clean as possible before applying a sealant/coating/etc?
    No, ONR does not interfere whatsoever with OG. For CQF, I use Eraser usually. (Non-wax ONR, just to be specific).

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast