autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I'm here the cheaper things get!

When I first discovered AG I figured "Just buy the most expensive and it'll be good by
    default". After trying some products based on reviews I continue to find great products for

less by comparison. Megs 205 and Mothers Wheel and tire are the latest, Tried Mothers this morning. Should of snapped some before and after pics. It's a product that really

wowed me. Could not believe the way it lifted caked on salt and brake dust.

Mothers Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner cleans & maintains coated, painted, polished and anodized wheels without pitting the coating or corroding

Thanks to everyone who takes the time and write these awesome reviews
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The more I'm here the cheaper things get!

I agree Chet!

There are a host of products that are outstanding and won't break the bank....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I recently tried the Mothers Tire-Wheel Cleaner from some favorable comments here about it, and tried it about a week ago.

Very good Tire Cleaner, but it did discolor and stain the recent rattle can alu paint and clear on my Kia's Hub Caps, and they were coated with both WGDGPS 3.0 and a few coats of Opti-Seal.

I also wasn't too crazy about the foaming Sprayer Head, seemed like it was causing me to use and waste way too much product. I easily went through over a 1/3rd of a bottle just spraying down 4 14" wheels-tires.

I swapped the Sprayer Head with a more conventional one, and will try again. I'm not so sure the Foaming Spray Head actually contributes anything to the cleaning power of the product.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I recently tried the Mothers Tire-Wheel Cleaner from some favorable comments here about it, and tried it about a week ago.

Very good Tire Cleaner, but it did discolor and stain the recent rattle can alu paint and clear on my Kia's Hub Caps, and they were coated with both WGDGPS 3.0 and a few coats of Opti-Seal.

I also wasn't too crazy about the foaming Sprayer Head, seemed like it was causing me to use and waste way too much product. I easily went through over a 1/3rd of a bottle just spraying down 4 14" wheels-tires.

I swapped the Sprayer Head with a more conventional one, and will try again. I'm not so sure the Foaming Spray Head actually contributes anything to the cleaning power of the product.
    Mark
    Mark,

I felt the same way with the sprayer at first. After the first tire I figured I was just using to much. I used much less on the other three tires and found that it was plenty of

product. The foam seemed to spread as I let it sit for five minutes. My wheels also looked faded after but I wiped them down with DRWG I found I simply hadn't rinsed them enough.

Chet

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why, but the link you gave is to Mothers All Wheel Cleaner which is a spectacular product. However, the Mothers product pictured above is NOT the same product. I've never used that product and have no idea how good is or isn't.

Just thought I'd mention that. Wouldn't want to expect to here something good about a product and get confused on the wrong photo.

Mothers Foaming All Wheel Cleaner is an excellent product.

By the way, it seems some of the bottles have a different label and may no longer include "ALL" in the description, yet still has the blue car on the label. Perhaps Forrest has an explanation for this.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Using your analogy:
    -I was pretty daggone cheap before I came to AGO.
    -I, since, have become even cheaper.
    -I now, therefore, am the cheapest (or one of the cheapest).

However...
    It should never be misconstrued that I was; nor, ever will I be: Easy.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone who takes the time and write these awesome reviews [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    I don't know why, but the link you gave is to Mothers All Wheel Cleaner which is a spectacular product. However, the Mothers product pictured above is NOT the same product. I've never used that product and have no idea how good is or isn't.

Just thought I'd mention that. Wouldn't want to expect to here something good about a product and get confused on the wrong photo.

Mothers Foaming All Wheel Cleaner is an excellent product.

By the way, it seems some of the bottles have a different label and may no longer include "ALL" in the description, yet still has the blue car on the label. Perhaps Forrest has an explanation for this.
    My mistake. Good catch.

Mothers FX Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a high tech cleaner for all types of metal, chrome, plated & clear coated wheels.