autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHOWDOWN: Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel v. Poorboy's Bold N Bright v. Optimum Tire Shine

Great product comparison. Thanks for sharing. I have been on a
    PB B & B kick lately.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed. Thanks for this review. I own & use Pinnacle Black Onyx myself, it smells really good.

The durability isnt there, at least on a daily driver I get about 2-3 days out of it before it starts to wear off. No biggie, I like how the product is water based so it doesnt cake on my tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHOWDOWN: Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel v. Poorboy's Bold N Bright v. Optimum Tire Shine

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great product comparison. Thanks for sharing. I have been on a
    PB B & B kick lately.
    Thanks, Pats! BnB is truly amazing. Even works good as a tire cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Subscribed. Thanks for this review. I own & use Pinnacle Black Onyx myself, it smells really good.

The durability isnt there, at least on a daily driver I get about 2-3 days out of it before it starts to wear off. No biggie, I like how the product is water based so it doesnt cake on my tires.
    2-3 days? That's not long lasting at all. I had high expectations of Pinnacle especially since it is a gel. The other two are sprays and I know last for over a week. I wash my cars weekly so I never test the limits of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    Thanks, Pats! BnB is truly amazing. Even works good as a tire cleaner.

2-3 days? That's not long lasting at all. I had high expectations of Pinnacle especially since it is a gel. The other two are sprays and I know last for over a week. I wash my cars weekly so I never test the limits of them.
    Ahh I see, im using the spray. Im not sure if the Gel is supposed to be more durable. This very well could be my experience alone with poor durability because of the area I live in (very dusty).

Post Thanks / Like

Great showdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a 3 day update. I am not satisfied with the pictures as they don't look sharp to me. I didn't use my tripod on this set due to being in a hurry and wanted to take pics before the sun went down.

You can't really tell in the pictures but Pinnacle has the darkest gloss. In second place I have Poorboy's and not too far behind is Optimum. I was surprised to see more dust on Optimum's dressing compared to the other two. I will take better pictures tomorrow using my tripod. Honestly, all three dressings are holding up pretty well. You just can't lose with any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Subbed

Post Thanks / Like

Day 4 update! First, I'd like to say that I absolutely hate taking pictures of tires. Focusing in on them is a PITA and it seems like I can never get all the details in the rubber. I try to capture what I see with my eyes but that is hard to do for me. Nevertheless, I try my hardest to capture what I see so you guys can see for yourself which dressing is doing a better job.

I'll give you my thoughts on the three dressings so far after the pics.

Now for my thoughts on each dressing...

Pinnacle - No doubt this dressing is the shiniest on the day 4 but not the kind of shine I like. For some reason it produces a purplish shine on direct sunlight. You can see on some of the pictures what I'm talking about. No doubt it makes my tires shiny but it doesn't produce the darkness that I love.

Poorboy's - This dressing has really held the darkness on my tire. It is not shiny like the Pinnacle dressing but it is much more darker. My tire just looks clean and fresh. I don't know if my tire is just used to months and months of PB BnB since it's my go to dressing but it just seems to give it the best look so far. I'd also like to remind everyone that I did thoroughly cleaned my tire before applying all dressings.

Optimum - This dressing looked the best out of the gate. Had a great shine and darkness was definitely there. On day 4, however, it is a mixture of Pinnacle and PB. What I mean by that is, it has a hint of shine and darkness. It is the only dressing that has both qualities. The shine and darkness it produces isn't as shiny as Pinnacle and isn't as dark as the PB dressing. It meets both of them in the middle. Not sure if you can tell in the pictures but this dressing is also the dustiest out of the three.

I will continue to keep you guys updated. My next update will be on day 7 unless something awkward happens and have to take pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy comparison reviews like this. I think we all benefit from them, since we all want the products we use to provide ultimate results. We all have our own preferences, too.

Great job.

Larry

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast