autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)

Isn't UWW not really worth it as a rinseless? If my math is correct, there is 16 oz in a bottle which means you only get 16 washes out of it (1oz per 3 gall) compared to a gallon of ONR or any other rinseless that come in gallon sizes. Even if I were to get two bottles of UWW, it's still on 32 oz compared to the 128 oz gallon. What am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

If you read the original review you'll see the advantages cost wise and on top of that there is this from the original review: "Compared to the newest version of the "original" blue rinseless, I find it MUCH slicker and easier to dry. It may be the best rinseless/waterless out there. This really comes to play in colder temperatures where I find other rinseless washes just don't want to "flash" and become dry. I don't seem to have this issue with UWW+. I find even if you use it "heavy" (higher concentration) it still performs excellent. No streaks, no smears, and leaves a glossy very slick surface.

Also, when talking about this product, it's rarely mentioned the protection it leaves behind. UWW+ is boosted by Polycharger, which to my knowledge will help extend its polymer protection."

I agree with this 100%--it's a great waterless wash/QD, great rinseless wash, leaves the car slicker, easier to use and doesn't stain your wash mitts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02whitetundra View Post
    Isn't UWW not really worth it as a rinseless? If my math is correct, there is 16 oz in a bottle which means you only get 16 washes out of it (1oz per 3 gall) compared to a gallon of ONR or any other rinseless that come in gallon sizes. Even if I were to get two bottles of UWW, it's still on 32 oz compared to the 128 oz gallon. What am I missing?
    What about a gallon of UWW+?
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure it's any better than any other rinseless wash. The price tag on that is almost double.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure it's any better than any other rinseless wash. The price tag on that is almost double.
    I have the ONR, ONWW and the UWW. I also use the IUDJ. IUDJ is by far the most expensive but it is the one I prefer. The UWW is next for me.

ONR & ONRWW both worked ok (gave away), but with the harder water in my area I get better results from UWW & IUDJ. I don't worry about the cost as it isn't the primary driver for me. I doesnt bother me to spend the $120 or $150 for a concentrate gallon of something that works for my conditions. Depending on the coating you have on the paint you may find these rinsless or waterless products work differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you get what you pay for. UWW+ is just better than ONR. Pinnacle is another good one. IUDJ is good as well - but the price is not worth it over the others IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima has a better dilution ratio that helps offset the cost somewhat. 1oz to 3 gallons as apposed 1oz to 2 gallons for others.

Edit: Those ratios are for rinse less

Post Thanks / Like

My two cents about UWW+...

I've been using UWW+ over a year now and I always seem to find a way to incorporate into every wash. At first I didn't like it because I was mainly using it as a quick detailer and it was streaking a lot on me. I found out that I had the wrong dilution ratios combined with old/cheap microfibers. After using it at waterless wash strength with fresh WW MF towels, it behaved so much better (understatement).

I figured I'd share my main personal uses for UWW+ in order from most commonly used as to least commonly used as:
    Rubbish remover - I always keep some handy to remove dead bugs, bird bombs, race track grime, race paint, rubber, exhaust soot, etc.
    Drying aid - I prime my WW MF towels with one or two sprays at WW strength. I find it really helps in case you missed a spot washing or want some extra gloss.
    Final wipe / inspection spray - It works wonders for lifting polish residue without marring or when buffing off tough LSP's.
    Waterless wash - When I'm in a pinch and I need to clean my whole car in 15mins or less, this product enables me to do it safely!
    Clay lube - I use it at WW strength and use a secondary spray bottle of water to adjust the ratio on the fly
    Pad primer - one spray on a new pad does the trick
    Quick detailer - occasionally I'll use it to quickly detail some spots in between weekly washes

I don't do rinseless washes as I prefer 2 bucket method (4 buckets in my case + a foam lance pre-soak) or if I'm pressed for time waterless wash. I kind of feel like rinseless washing is half way in between my two extremes, but I have adopted the rinseless practice of changing my wash media (up to 5 different mitts) after each area (roof/windows, upper doors, hood/rear hatch, bumpers/rockers, and wheels). This actually sped up my wash considerably by allowing me to just reach for a new mitt each time and toss the used ones into a hot water bucket to soak until washed.

At the end of the day my weekly wash process is dictated by the state of the LSP's coating the various surfaces/textures and the weather forecast (I don't use 5 mitts to wash if it's raining tomorrow).

All in all great product and review.

Post Thanks / Like

I had been using CG eco wash for a while now anf thought it was good until I got UWW. Wow what a difference! Stuff is amazing and easy to use, doesnt leave streaks you have to buff off, and its half the cost of CG.

Im sold

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345