autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: BlackFire Clay Cleaner & Extender

Hey Guys, First review here.

I will be doing a review on the BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender, detailing clay bar cleaner, extend clay bar

I've wasted many claybars from dropping them on the floor and was interested to see how well this product worked. I know that currently everyone will be moving to the clay alternatives as they are more efficient but I still find clay to be useful for the hard to reach spots and tight spaces. I have maybe a year supply of clay left.

Some Information about the product taken from AG store:

Extend the life and increase the performance of clay bars!

BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender is a revolutionary cleanser that saves your clay bar and saves you money! It allows you to clean the majority of debris off the clay bar to extend its usable life. Special surfactants in this product deep clean the surface of the clay without drying or damaging the clay. By cleaning the detailing clay, you can use the same bar longer without jeopardizing your paint finish. BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender adds value to your detailing clay!

Blackfire Claims:

Quickly removes dirt and debris from detailing clay.
    • Extends the life of detailing clay.
    • Works on conventional and Poly Clay bars.
    • Biodegradable formula.

Their Directions:
    Follow clay manufacturer’s application instructions and always use clay bars with an approved clay lubricant. Do not fold or store soiled clay bars. When clay bar becomes soiled from normal use, spray with Clay Cleaner & Extender and massage bar of clay in the palm of your hands as you would a bar of soap. Rinse thoroughly with water to remove soil and contamination. When finished cleaning, spray clay bar with approved lubricant and store in container until further use.

Price:
    $4.99 - 4oz
    $12.99 - 20 oz
    $29.99 - 64 oz
    $39.99 - 128 oz

My Review:

I first dirtied the claybar by claying the fender of my car...barely anything was picked up. So I decided to drop it on the garage floor and did a quick wipe across the floor for a real test!

This is the nastiness I accumulated.

I proceeded to spray the product.

Using one hand, I glided my fingers across the surface of the clay and rinsed. I wasn't using much pressure if any at all.

This is how clean I got it.

BEFORE

AFTER

As you can see I barely put any effort into thoroughly cleaning the clay. It was just a quick spray and light rubbing and a rinse.

Please take the time to watch the video of the product in action.