autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Meguiar's DA Power System

Wow, I'm really happy I found this review. This has been a concern of mine lately since my 2004 350Z is driving me crazy, because the turtle wax black box was useless and I have been searching non-stop for the past couple days for a solution to have my car looking better. My poor car has been a little neglected since moving into an apartment and now I have to use the rinseless wash and wanted to find a better polishing solution without breaking the bank. Im a college student working full time so this seems perfect
    Thank you tons for this review!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 350Z Dirty View Post
    Wow, I'm really happy I found this review. This has been a concern of mine lately since my 2004 350Z is driving me crazy, because the turtle wax black box was useless and I have been searching non-stop for the past couple days for a solution to have my car looking better. My poor car has been a little neglected since moving into an apartment and now I have to use the rinseless wash and wanted to find a better polishing solution without breaking the bank. Im a college student working full time so this seems perfect
    Thank you tons for this review!!!!
    My pleasure. I'm glad you found this review useful. This was my intent.

Since you live in an apartment, I would highly recommend reading into these articles I wrote:
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-wash-wax.html
    Review & How-To: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax
    Review & How-To: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Since this revived ill add I picked up two of these one for family the other for a friend. Played around with it on my trunk. Was truly amazed at the amount of correction I got.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the other articles. I read them all today. I had no idea Meguiar's has free classes!!! Thats just what I have been looking for, Ive just never truly been satisfied with my car after I wax it, and I feel im missing something. Im definitely signing up ASAP. Looked it up and I'm only 15min from there.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you are familiar with the DA buffer and the power system can you explain how the power system compares to the buffer?- since it doesn't have speed controls like the buffer I was curious how it works between cutting and polishing/waxing. Also what rpm does your drill operate at? (sorry if either of these questions were asked- there was a lot of posts and I didn't read everything).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Merck View Post
    I have looked at this before as it would be a cheaper alternative to the PC or GG DA's but I think I would eventually want an actual DA so I think I will wait until I can afford the GG with some good quality pads. Nothing but elbow grease for me for now.
    Now's a great time to buy! Autogeek has 15 percent off free shipping over $125 if you wanted to get a polisher. I would not get the DA power system.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm completely new to detailing and came across this system. I first tried it with a cordless makita lxt hammerdrill on my 2011 lancer. I was extremely disappointed. I then decided to try it on my wife's extremely neglected 2007 outlander. I used an old cheapo corded drill this time and......Oh my God!! This suv came out absolutely amazing! Scratches, gone...water spots, gone...old bug stains, gone. Ready to use easy to understand. Perfect for someone new to detailing or even the pro in need of a fast system to complement a real DA.

I plan on stepping up to a dedicated DA at some point now because of how well this system works. If my cars look this good using the da power system I'm drooling over what a shurhold or flex can do!!!!!!!!

I do have one question though, can i use other products with this system or is it best to stay with the ultimate line?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IronEagle410 View Post
    I'm completely new to detailing and came across this system. I first tried it with a cordless makita lxt hammerdrill on my 2011 lancer. I was extremely disappointed. I then decided to try it on my wife's extremely neglected 2007 outlander. I used an old cheapo corded drill this time and......Oh my God!! This suv came out absolutely amazing! Scratches, gone...water spots, gone...old bug stains, gone. Ready to use easy to understand. Perfect for someone new to detailing or even the pro in need of a fast system to complement a real DA.

I plan on stepping up to a dedicated DA at some point now because of how well this system works. If my cars look this good using the da power system I'm drooling over what a shurhold or flex can do!!!!!!!!

I do have one question though, can i use other products with this system or is it best to stay with the ultimate line?
    I've see no reason to not use other products. I've used many other products with my DAPS with no issues.
    2014 Mercedes-Benz C250

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review. Confirmed my initial impressions of Meguiar's quality to be expected. I am now a DA System owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering how are you supposed to know which speed to use on your drill ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345