autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Grit Guard Pad Washer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boi View Post
    Thx, that clears it up for me. My current method of soaking, massaging, and rising in the wash with my mf's will suffice. I was under the impression that the pads were clean/dry enough for immediate reuse.

Thx

If you spend enough time spinning them dry you can do just that. But there will always be some moisture left in the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Troy! These are a must when using wool on a rotary. I bought the Megs version on sale for $89 on another site about 2 years ago. With wool we cleaned on the fly and went back to compounding with the same pad.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Great review Troy! These are a must when using wool on a rotary. I bought the Megs version on sale for $89 on another site about 2 years ago. With wool we cleaned on the fly and went back to compounding with the same pad.

Thanks Jim.

It does really come in handy when you need it.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to clean my pads by hand,I had back surgery a few years back, and standing over the counter with my hands in the sink was killing me. I decided to buy this product and give it a try. After my first use cleaning up after detailing a vehicle, it only took about 5 minutes and all my pads were clean. I don't care what this thing costs if I ever need to buy another one I am getting it. I think it is overpriced , after all how much is a 5 gallon bucket and accesories cost to manufacture. Has to be some kind of crazy mark up on it, but I do love it and will not go without one, ever.

Dennis

https://www.facebook.com/itsallinthedetailsfton?ref=hl

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done Troy! Good reviews like this aren't allowing me to keep money in my wallet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis5_0 View Post
    I used to clean my pads by hand,I had back surgery a few years back, and standing over the counter with my hands in the sink was killing me. I decided to buy this product and give it a try. After my first use cleaning up after detailing a vehicle, it only took about 5 minutes and all my pads were clean. I don't care what this thing costs if I ever need to buy another one I am getting it. I think it is overpriced , after all how much is a 5 gallon bucket and accesories cost to manufacture. Has to be some kind of crazy mark up on it, but I do love it and will not go without one, ever.

Dennis

I am glad to here it is something that is working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchboxmunchy View Post
    Nicely done Troy! Good reviews like this aren't allowing me to keep money in my wallet.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

The universal pad washer was one of my best investments as well. Cleaning pads in the washer machine really got the wife ticked.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Defiantly a time saver especially when cleaning pads that have a durable sealant on them but I feel its way overpriced! That said after using one I would still never go back. Best to clean washer right after your done or the spent product in the bucket and pumps will require some effort.

Only real issue I have is a Flex 3401 with LC HT 5.5 low profile pad is to short to get a full stroke out of the pump and next to impossible to hold flat on the grit guard for the same reason. Requires a little maneuvering to clean the whole face. Could always slap the pad on one of my PC's or old orbital for cleaning I guess.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a Pressure washer? IF you got an elec one maybe do a side by side to see what cleans better. I have always been on fence about the pad washer cause of the price. I clean my pads with my 1700psi PW. I just put them in the bucket on the grit guard and about 5sec of spraying they are pretty much perfectly clean. Curious if you have one could see what cleans better. if its worth it for me to invest in one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stibuki View Post
    Defiantly a time saver especially when cleaning pads that have a durable sealant on them but I feel its way overpriced! That said after using one I would still never go back. Best to clean washer right after your done or the spent product in the bucket and pumps will require some effort.

Only real issue I have is a Flex 3401 with LC HT 5.5 low profile pad is to short to get a full stroke out of the pump and next to impossible to hold flat on the grit guard for the same reason. Requires a little maneuvering to clean the whole face. Could always slap the pad on one of my PC's or old orbital for cleaning I guess.

I agree, the price of entry is high and really overpriced for what it is. But if you are a pro and use it on a daily basis it could save you the money over time fairly quickly.

I prefer using my Rotary w/ Extension for cleaning pads. I have used a Flex3401 with this pad washer but it is not as handy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast