autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best LSP Coating

Best paint Coating as far as looks. Cquarts, 22ple, Aquartz, Element 119, GTechniq EXO. No looking for permanent protection. Just a long term. Want the best look possible.
    Wax is not really an option for me. I have a truck and use it for whats its intended for, it gets dirty often (not a city slicker) but want it still to look great. Nice and glossy, metallic pops real nice and dirt and grime washes off with ease.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best LSP Coating

Quote Originally Posted by cwebb View Post
    Best paint Coating as far as looks. Cquarts, 22ple, Aquartz, Element 119, GTechniq EXO. No looking for permanent protection. Just a long term. Want the best look possible.

Wax is not really an option for me.

I have a truck and use it for whats its intended for, it gets dirty often (not a city slicker) but want it still to look great. Nice and glossy, metallic pops real nice and dirt and grime washes off with ease.
    The ones you've listed are what I'd consider permanent coatings and I'll add Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 the the list.

Since you've eliminated wax and don't want any of the coatings listed it really narrows down the options to sealants.

Today there are two types of sealants and I've listed them both below. There are other sealants that could additionally populate each category however these are the ones I've used and can recommend without hesitation...

Choose your destiny...

Wipe On and Walk Away Sealants (Clear)

Traditional Sealants
    (Haze and Buff)

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Wax is not really an option for me. I have a truck and use it for whats its intended for, it gets dirty often (not a city slicker) but want it still to look great. Nice and glossy, metallic pops real nice and dirt and grime washes off with ease.
    Why not permanant? I have OC 2.0 on my truck and it looks great. It's also really easy to keep clean and drying is effortless after flooding the paint.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

Permanent is fine. Looking to get advice from anyone whose used any of these pros cons, which one looks the best. I've read on a lot of the forums on these products but can't really find like a good comparison for all products listed

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I've asked this ? A bunch on here just looking for the best. Just my personality I guess, do it right the first time, kinda anal when I comes to my toys and don't like other ppl touching them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Polishing the paint is > then any coating vs not polishing the paint and just applying a coating. Looks only with the best metallic flake pop, exo and 22ple. Since your not a city slicker and actually use the truck I'd consider opti coat 2.0. Still super glossy but has a slight darkening effect that tones down metallic flake pop a tad. Easiest to keep clean, super glossy but is something you can't buy but worth mentioning, cquartz finest.
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

I've read about cquartz finest. Wish a dealer would just sell me some.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read about cquartz finest. Wish a dealer would just sell me some.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go full correction and then EXO it or OC 2.0 and if thats not enough for whatever reason spray reload on top if the reload would even do anything? I personally like the cost of oc 2.0 over exo but hear nothing but the best from gtechniq ( i have there g1/2 on my windows by far the best out there...)
    Permanent coating plus you can throw a wax on if your ever feeling frisky... ( not that a truck ur size is something that i would wake up and say hey lets wax the truck for fun.... 27 hours later...)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My friends are using Menzerna Power Lock and recently new product from Borgeous, Nano Composite Crystal that is said to guarantee 24-month overall protection :-) Sounds pretty long-term to me :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast