autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your most trusted LSP

Quote Originally Posted by 1953hogan View Post
    Bobby, Which Element 119 do you like?

Infinite gloss or System X ?

Thanks.
    I am not Bobby but System X from Element 119 is a good coating, I did not like the Infinite gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=cardaddy;809348]On the clay, make sure you fold it and knead it often. Work from the top down, saving the dirtiest sections till last. And, make sure to keep it lubricated. It doesn't have to be so wet that it just slips all over, but you don't want to leave clay trails everywhere either.

The Ultimate Compound would come next, followed usually by Ultimate Polish, but the Pinnacle will do just fine.

Next is the M21 that you can put on with a black or blue CCS pad. Prime the pad, set the speed to 2 ~ 3 and put a THIN coat on. Let it dry for at least 15 minutes and take it off by
    hand.

There really isn't a need for M7 as it is a very temporary glaze that has no long standing durability. The M21 otoh will last and in fact if you let it dry another 30 minutes at least after you wiped it off, (up to overnight even) you can add a second coat. One product that works great with all the other "ultimate" items is the wax, liquid or paste is fine. Mainly because it is a polymer/carnuba synthetic and binds well with the other products.

That being said, your existing wax will do just fine, no problems. When putting it over the polymer products I like to wait overnight and do it the next day, giving the M21 a chance for all the base carrier chemicals to dry and give it a stronger bond. That's just me however and who knows if it actually makes a difference.

There has been a lot of discussion on CCS pads both pro and con. Personally I like them, along with flat pads. They all have a use in your arsenal. The key is having some spray pad cleaner on hand as well as a good pad cleaning program. Some use nothing but Dawn, I use Snappy Clean and Dawn keeping a bucket of Snappy Clean handy to throw the pads in while working.

You also need to make sure you have enough pads to accomplish you goals. If you don't need yellows then there is no reason to have half a dozen of them just sitting there. But... as you've already noticed, do your test spot! That will require at least one of each pad to figure out what you're going to need down the road.

The benefit is (for the home user) after you do your first big correction you may not need pads that agressive again. But if you find after your test spot that you can get bay with orange, say you start with orange and it works well with your compound then you'll need at least half a dozen to get a vehicle completed. Thing is, that same pad may work for your first run of a polish as well and if it's what you're using then you'll need even more of them. (Likely orange wouldn't do dual-duty like this but white certainly will.)

Basically the bulk of your pads will be in the 3 colors you use most, like at least 6 of each. From there, the higher you go on the finishing order (IE the less agressive cut in your polish/glaze/wax etc) the less pads you'll need as they don't have to work as hard. It's always good to have a couple extra of even the ones you don't use often plus you don't want to cross contaminate your compound in the same pads as your polish. Just as you don't want to mix your polish with your polymer sealant or with your carnuba wax.

Hope that helps a bit. [/QUOTE

You cannot imagine how much I appreciate you taking the time to write all this down. This is extremely helpful and I am sure all the new guys reading and trying to learn will find this extremely helpful. I have printed it out and added it to my detail book. Thanks very much. Have a great day. Now all the work is on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anybody say Ultima yet? I have been reading that only super sealants can compete with Ultima sealants. Is Ultima really class leading?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supernaut View Post
    Did anybody say Ultima yet? I have been reading that only super sealants can compete with Ultima sealants. Is Ultima really class leading?
    Are you referring to Ultima Paint Guard Plus? (UPGP)

So far, I have used three WOWA Sealants, UPGP, Optimum Opti Seal, and Wolfgang Liquid Seal. (Haven't used a lot of the WGLS just yet)

This is of course my opinion, and others, or your mileage may vary? I have also not done controlled testing side by side, so my conclusions may be in error somewhat?

Of the three, the UPGP seems like a different product than the other two, a different technology perhaps, seems to me more like one of these so called "super sealants", seemed to add a visually thicker coating than the other two, added higher gloss.

Another quality I note, UPGP will clog up a sprayer head mighty quick, after one useage I found, whereas the other two do not.

The UPGP I found seemed a little more difficult to work with, but upon my initial use of the product, I no doubt applied it a little bit too liberally. None the less, there was no permanent "foul", and did a wipe with a clean MF towel an hour after application, and the finish looked perfect, and looked even.

The UPGP is a really nice product I think, I like it quite a bit, and will most likely buy more of it in the future. I really like this WOWA, makes things like treating Door Jambs, under Hood, Trunk-Tailgate, and other hard to get to areas ultra easy, and fast.

Hope none have minded my comments. Mark

Post Thanks / Like

For clients that want Top Shelf LSP!
    Black Fire Sealant, Souveran Paste!

Super Member Detail-Impressions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cured Opti Coat then topped with Chemical Guys V7

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Are you referring to Ultima Paint Guard Plus? (UPGP)

So far, I have used three WOWA Sealants, UPGP, Optimum Opti Seal, and Wolfgang Liquid Seal. (Haven't used a lot of the WGLS just yet)

This is of course my opinion, and others, or your mileage may vary? I have also not done controlled testing side by side, so my conclusions may be in error somewhat?

Of the three, the UPGP seems like a different product than the other two, a different technology perhaps, seems to me more like one of these so called "super sealants", seemed to add a visually thicker coating than the other two, added higher gloss.

Another quality I note, UPGP will clog up a sprayer head mighty quick, after one useage I found, whereas the other two do not.

The UPGP I found seemed a little more difficult to work with, but upon my initial use of the product, I no doubt applied it a little bit too liberally. None the less, there was no permanent "foul", and did a wipe with a clean MF towel an hour after application, and the finish looked perfect, and looked even.

The UPGP is a really nice product I think, I like it quite a bit, and will most likely buy more of it in the future. I really like this WOWA, makes things like treating Door Jambs, under Hood, Trunk-Tailgate, and other hard to get to areas ultra easy, and fast.

Hope none have minded my comments. Mark
    I have only used it once on my grabber blue Shelby and really like it. Did 3 coats 45 mins apart, paint looked awesome. A bud that has a grabber blue 5.0 said to me ( I didn't tell him what products I used) "Why does your paint look like it has an extra layer of clear and gloss then mine".

Post Thanks / Like

DG 501, cleans paint, looks great and great durability

Opt Opti Seal so easy to use, looks great and good durability

4 star paint protection, easy to use, slick, good durability

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112