autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat Review

First of all, I would like to thank CarPro for sending me a free sample of their Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat (100ml).
    Here is a picture of the protectant sitting on the seats it would be used on, along with the microfiber that CarPro sent me as well. The items were very well packaged, and the microfiber was extremely plush.

The vehicle is a 2007 Mazda 3 Sport, my personal vehicle. It is a daily driver with almost 90k miles. We have a 2 year old and a (brand new!!) infant. I detail the interior regularly and usually apply Zaino Leather in a Bottle as a treatment.
    To start off, I cleaned the seats with 1:10 3D APC by spraying the cleaner on then agitating with a soft nylon brush. The seats had been cleaned a few weeks ago, so not much scrubbing was needed.

As you can see, the seats are clean and free of debris. No shots of the rest of the interior. It needed to be vacuumed and recleaned as we just recently got back from the hospital (wife had our second child!). This is all about the leather anyway!
    Taped half of the seat off. Wanted to get a good contrast for before and after shots.

Then the process began. I sprayed the product lightly but thoroughly, and then gently wiped the product into the leather using a clean, dry microfiber towel. Then I got out the hair dryer to expedite the drying process. The temp was about 60 outside but it had been raining and was somewhat humid, which is also a reason why some of the shots look dark.

After drying I removed the tape, the top half is pretreatment the bottom is post. The leather had a nice satin gloss to it, and even felt softer.

Another shot, notice the wear on the leather in the bottom right corner. Pretty common for daily drivers.

Finished Seats:

This is how much product remained after one seat. I was sent a 100ml bottle, which seems like enough to do one vehicle. I was fairly liberal with the product however, so on a two seater or small sedan you might be able to get two treatments out.

Overall impressions:
    This is a high quality, premium leather protectant. It has a nice scent once it dries, and definitely makes the leather closer to the way it looked when it was new.

Pros:
    1. Ease of use
    2. Looks great
    3. Nice scent

Cons:
    1. Price. I could not see this being a go to product for a “production level” detailers. This could definitely be an add-on service for mid-range detailers, or a common use product for high end detailers.

Unknowns:
    1. Durability. For the time being, I am not going to apply this to the rest of the vehicle. I want to know how long it is going to last. I will try and do a 2 week and 1 month update.
    2. Have not used this on fabric. I will wait until I get a nice high end vehicle that needs some protection, treat, then post an update.

Again, thanks to CarPro for the opportunity to test and review this product. If anyone has any questions or comments, please let me know.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat Review

I have a 50ml bottle on the way!

Nice review.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review on the leather, he's a video I made of it on fabric.

http://youtu.be/YZEHBCMwp7Y
    A passion for perfection!