autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Initial Impressions: Pinnacle Signature APC

Initial Impressions: Pinnacle Signature APC

Introduction:

I received a surprise package from Nick this week containing new Pinnacle products.

Detour - In one of my reviews on the sister forum, I wrote about my long history as a "recovering" audiophile. I have been dragged back into that hobby over the last two weeks due to my preamp failing and having to shell out $$$$ on a replacement. So I am back to listening & trying to optimize the sound with the new boxes while they break in. I was fiddling with power cords and ran across one of those truly mind blowing things that drove me crazy (and broke) while in that hobby. I swapped out the power cord to the power conditioner that feeds the turntable motor/pump (itself a power conditioner - and not anywhere near the signal path) with another (super premium) power cord and the sound was noticeably (well, a lot more than that) degraded. Yeah, I know, it only spins the record but it happened (and I am an Electrical Engineer by schooling and can't even come close to explaining this one). I immediately put back in the original power cord. (Normally, in high end audio, the hype around reviews is staggering but this reviewer experienced the same thing with the same cord - A/C Master Coupler | Synergistic Research).

So why the detour? I've always believe the same thing about APCs. I have a large fraction of the products that AG sells but only 3 APCs - and one of those I won in a contest on the sister forum (thanks Todd). I use 1Z W99 to strip wax, OPC for general cleaning and BF for special occasions. But for tires, I have been using Zep Citrus because it is cheap and works well. It is an APC, after all. And they are tires. Why would I need to spend more? (Now, interior APCs: I am particular about those.)

Thanks to Corey again for providing the format and thanks to Nick & Autogeek for providing the product.

Product:

Product Claims:

From Autogeek.net site - Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner

"If you want it clean, Pinnacle will clean it!

The Pinnacle name is synonymous with the highest quality car detailing products available. Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner is no exception, following in the footsteps of other superior products in the Pinnacle product line. Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner can safely clean virtually any surface ranging from food stains on delicate leather to tar residue on paint. If it’s a dirty surface that can be cleaned, Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner will clean it better than anything else available. It is the pinnacle of all purpose cleaners.

Effective
    Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner is safe and effective in real-world applications. Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner is concentrated so it can be diluted accordingly for any cleaning task at hand. Simply match the dilution strength you mix to the project you’re working on, spray, wipe and enjoy the results.

Safe
    Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner is 100% safe on all surfaces when used at the correct dilution levels. Proprietary high-tech cleaning agents emulsify grease, oil, grime, dirt and other contaminants that are inhibiting the underlying surface from showing its true color or shine. Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner effectively cleans a multitude of different surfaces without staining or discoloring.

Versatile
    Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner can be mixed to your desired cleaning strength. For heavily soiled surfaces, use Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner at full strength. Dilute as necessary for other cleaning jobs, such as leather and upholstery.

Application Directions:

Work on a cool surface in the shade
    Test for colorfastness. Always test an inconspicuous area when working on fabric, carpet, upholstery vinyl and leather.
    Full strength – no dilution
    You can use Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner straight out of the bottle without any diluting for your greasiest, grimiest jobs like engine cleaning. Mist product onto surface and allow to dwell for 30 to 45 seconds. Agitate with a brush to work cleaner into grime and dirt affected areas. Rinse area with a strong jet of water and repeat if needed.

Diluted 1:5 = Heavy Duty Cleaning
    Mix one part Pinnacle APC to 5 parts water for a powerful cleaning solution capable of tackling dirty, grimy projects. This is the ideal dilution ratio for safely cleaning wheels and tires.

Mist the 1:5 dilution of Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner on to grime and dirt affected area and allow to penetrate for 30 to 45 seconds. Agitate with a brush to work cleaner into affected areas. Rinse away with a strong spray of water.

Diluted 1:10 = Light Cleaning
    When diluted at a 1:10 product-to-water ratio, Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner is perfect for light cleaning. The 1:10 solution cleans fender wells, door jambs, fuel doors, etc. At this dilution ratio, Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner even tackles food and pet stains on carpet and upholstery. It is even safe for use on leather and vinyl!

Mist Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner onto dirt affected area and allow to penetrate for 30 to 45 seconds. Agitate with a brush to work cleaner into dirt affected areas. Rinse area with a strong spray of water. For fabrics, upholstery, curtains, chairs, carpets, and other soft surfaces, use a separate clean, dry terry cloth towel to blot dirt, grime and excess product out of material after agitating with a brush."

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle with trigger sprayer
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Clear
    5.- Scent: Sorry, allergies have greatly reduced my sense of smell but didn't seem bad, maybe even pleasant - citrusy?
    6.- Price at time of review: 16oz = $ 12.99!! SALE!! $14.99 Regular
    7.- Manufacturer: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

5 gallon bucket
    Tuf Shine Wheel Brush (these are really good, guys, and know they are in the PBMG warehouse)
    Pressure washer

Preparation:

Other than put some water in the bucket, none really.

Application:

Spray on (I used it neat), scrub with brush, rinse off. Repeat until foam is white (not brown).

Observations:

Best I can tell, very pleasant fragrance. Pinnacle Signature APC cleanss well and quickly.

Before:

During:

After:

White Foam:

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Pros:

1.- Excellent cleaning ability
    2.- Very fast, too

Cons:

1.- None I've found.

Final Observations and Summary:

Now I get it! It works so much faster and effectively that I save time and effort. Duh!!

I actually did the other 3 tires with Zep (still in my "it's just an APC" mindset) and it took 3 cycles to get to white foam. With the Pinnacle, only one (the second application yielded white; 4th with the Zep). I've learned my lesson. Highly recommended.

I haven't used diluted on interiors (yet) but will update when I do.

Now, what do I do with all of my Zep?

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial Impressions: Pinnacle Signature APC

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking of trying it.

?? Did you use full strength on the tires/wheels or diluted 1:5 as they recommend?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, well done. It's been very helpful all these new reviews we've had here lately. Keep up the good work guys.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnBobber View Post
    ?? Did you use full strength on the tires/wheels or diluted 1:5 as they recommend?
    I used it full strength. As quickly as it cut through the old dressing, I definitely think it could be diluted and still be extremely effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.Well done.
    Johny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Johny.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean the zep took 4 cycles to make white foam? I'm not sure what the relevance is?

I LOVE foaming products, by the way.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSizzlin' View Post
    What do you mean the zep took 4 cycles to make white foam? I'm not sure what the relevance is?

I LOVE foaming products, by the way.
    If it is still brown foam, you are still pulling out dirt/dressings. It is my touchstone for clean tires. (Got it from Tuf Shine. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    If it is still brown foam, you are still pulling out dirt/dressings. It is my touchstone for clean tires. (Got it from Tuf Shine. )
    Oh, brown foam! Missed that part. Nice review.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast