autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Souverän : First Impessions

So, I came across a pretty good deal I think. I got a 75% full jar of Souverän and a new jar of Rim Wax at my front door for $35.00.

I had a chance to lay down a fast coat on top of my previous wax (Glasur); as I was anxious to work with this legendary wax. First thing you do is smell it right? It smells like coconut pineapple sun tan lotion. Pretty nice. But, smell isn't really too important. Some of the most popular ones smell like chemicals ( think Collinite) or nothing at all (P21S).

The victim vehicle is my Black Sapphire Metallic BMW that has been posted here to death. This car is garage kept. It's washed every 3 to 4 weeks with a traditional 2 bucket was, and kept up in between with frequent waterless washes. Basically, if the car shows anything but the smallest amount of dirt, I clean it. Also, it's not driven if rain is even a possibility

I'm telling you all these things, because this is probably the type of car Souverän was meant for. Longevity is one thing I won't be able to comment on, however, this car sees a new coat of wax about every 3 weeks and spray wax after every wash (currently using 1Z Spray Wax)

First, application of this wax is ridiculously easy. One swipe of the yellow foam pad coats 1/2 to 2/3 a panel. Removal is immediate and even easier than application. The only wax I've tried that has been so easy to work with is Fuzion.

I think Souverän's ease of application contributes to its good look. It doesn't seem to haze as your spreading it (if at all). Removal is immediate, or whenever you feel loke it for that matter. Either way it comes right off. This works on your favor, especially on dark cars, as you are able to get an thin equal coat both where you start and finish on the panel. With some 'nubas this isn't the case. Some haze so fast, you end up applying it thicker where you started and thinner where you stopped. I think the ability to spread Souverän evenly easily works in its favor. The wax seems just as thick and even across the whole panel. I also notice this with Fuzion. Also, because it spreads uniformly it seems very little is wasted or buffed off, leaving no dust. It seems like a pot of Souverän would last longer than a pot of a comparable wax due to its ability to spread thin and even.

The day I applied this it was pretty humid. About half the time with other 'nubas, especially on a day like this, you are left with some ghosting, sweating, smearing, or hazing. Souverän had none of this. Also, later I applied some Eco-Touch Carnuba Spray Wax just to see what happens. This took to it fine as well.

I really liked the look of Souverän. It seemed to give the panel a very even clean deep look. Hard to explain, but seemed to look better than others. I guess that's why this wax has such a good reputation on dark colors. I can see myself using this wax frequently, as its so easy to use, why not?

Is it worth $95? Yeah, I think it is. For that amount you are getting a product that is virtually fool proof. I mean, I couldn't see anyone messing up or having a hard time with an application of
    Souverän. There are a lot of other waxes in this price range that are "finicky" in application and removal that probably don't look as good. Yeah, durability may not be great, but reapplication is close to effortless. The only thing easier would be a spray wax product. I can't see having any problem applying this over a sealant or a more durable wax. So, I like it....

The only question left is... Would it ever go on BOGO ???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Souverän : First Impessions

It has been on BOGO, 2 or 3 years ago, I think. Not very often. It seemed to be once a year for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

You got a great deal on the Souveran. It is a beauty wax and hard to beat on dark colors. Do you like it better than Glasur?

Post Thanks / Like

great wax, seriously good deal, and Souveran is the wax in which others are often measured. Isnt great just to be in that position ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice write up on the Pinnacle Souveran wax. Have you tried the Souveran Liquid Spray Wax? I like what it does for the White on my Silverado.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You got a great deal on the Souveran. It is a beauty wax and hard to beat on dark colors. Do you like it better than Glasur?
    It's different for sure. Much easier to use for one. But, I think Glasur has it in durability and can stand alone. Looks, well I would say its probably easier to get a better look on a dark car faster with Souveran because it doesn't sweat or ghost on humidity. I don't think I would use Souveran without a sealant or durable wax underneath it, kind of using it like a topper just for looks.

Also got a good deal on a tub of Lava. Luminous Infusion??? Well see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHawk View Post
    Very nice write up on the Pinnacle Souveran wax. Have you tried the Souveran Liquid Spray Wax? I like what it does for the White on my Silverado.
    No. Maybe of it goes on BOGO. I do like the Wolfgang Spritz Sealant though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    No. Maybe of it goes on BOGO. I do like the Wolfgang Spritz Sealant though.
    What a deal you got! Where did u get 75%. Off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Would be interested too......

Johny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Better read again..... LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast