autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Ultra Soft Drying Towel

Mothers Ultra Soft Drying Towel has a foam core wrapped in microfiber to quickly towel-dry your vehicle after washing.

Used my new towel today after washing the Bonneville.

I must say over all I am not really IMPRESSED with it like I thought I would be. There are good and bad points and I also didnt use it as I have always used my old drying towel so I could put it to the test.

1. It really gets into those hard to reach areas nicely cause its a little stronger than a regular WW towel IE: Under the vent visors, inside the door handles
    2. Initially it soaks water up like.. well a sponge LOL

Dislikes:
    1. When it starts to get saturated (which seems pretty quick) it really doesnt pick up water well at all.
    2. Being a heavier towel its harder to ring out, and even after a decent ring out it still left alot of water especially on the windows!!!
    3. Its fairly small, I think it feels like its only 14x14 not 20x24 like they say it is.

To be fair I didnt water blade or use the blow gun before! Maybe if I had then the towel wouldnt have gotten saturated so quickly. All in al I woud not recommend this towel to others, I just dont think its as great as it could/should be. Seems my old cheapie WW from AutoZone was better the more water it got in it until it was full, then ring it out and its back to soaking up water again.

Hope this helps others make a decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Ultra Soft Drying Towel

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Mothers Ultra Soft Drying Towel has a foam core wrapped in microfiber to quickly towel-dry your vehicle after washing.

Used my new towel today after washing the Bonneville.

I must say over all I am not really IMPRESSED with it like I thought I would be.
    3. Its fairly small, I think it feels like its only 14x14 not 20x24 like they say it is.

There must be some misunderstanding.

I have the Mothers foam core trying towel and it is larger than 14x14.

It is similar to the one pictured below which is clearly larger than 14x14. 14X14 is smaller than even a standard 16x16 towel!

I find it holds a tremendous amount of water compared to non-foam core towels. It does get a bit heavy because it holds more water but you can wring it out somewhat but unlike non-foam care it does hold its shape so making it easier to handle.

The Mothers jamb towel is also waffle weave but not foam core. It measures around 16x20.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me those foam-core drying towels never really took off in popularity; maybe they hold twice as much water, but they cost twice as much as a regular towel...I have one somewhere but I don't think I ever used it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Mothers drying towel........I like it better than my guzzlers!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    There must be some misunderstanding.

I have the Mothers foam core trying towel and it is larger than 14x14.

It is similar to the one pictured below which is clearly larger than 14x14. 14X14 is smaller than even a standard 16x16 towel!

I find it holds a tremendous amount of water compared to non-foam core towels. It does get a bit heavy because it holds more water but you can wring it out somewhat but unlike non-foam care it does hold its shape so making it easier to handle.

The Mothers jamb towel is also waffle weave but not foam core. It measures around 16x20.

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    I love my Mothers drying towel........I like it better than my guzzlers!
    I have to agree with Al and Tim. This is by far my favorite drying towel ever. I use it always with ONR and not as much for a traditional wash since Al and Corey inspired me to buy the 8 HP MasterBlaster. I CAN DO MY eXPEDITION WITH ONE OF THESE BUT i HAVE 8. i FIND IT THE BEST FOR BLOT DRYING. sIZE IS 20 X 24 AS SHOWN IN aL'S PICTURE.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasnt saying I actually measured it at 14x14 I was saying it feels small. I dont know, maybe I will get used to it but it doesnt feel like it picks up as much water as it should. It almost dried my whole Bonneville without needing rung out and I guess that is quite a bit of water.

Post Thanks / Like

i have used every towel/method of drying. i always go back to the ABSORBER. IT JUST WORKS! if i ever get the coin for a metro master blaster, i would like to try one.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I wasnt saying I actually measured it at 14x14 I was saying it feels small. I dont know, maybe I will get used to it but it doesnt feel like it picks up as much water as it should. It almost dried my whole Bonneville without needing rung out and I guess that is quite a bit of water.
    A whole car on one MF is a lot of water. To me it is the perfect size and it holds its shape which makes it superb for blotting vertical panels. I hold the MF up with one hand and pat down the MF with the other,. The size makes it easier to keep off the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It seems to me those foam-core drying towels never really took off in popularity; maybe they hold twice as much water, but they cost twice as much as a regular towel...I have one somewhere but I don't think I ever used it.
    I agree they arent very popular with the majority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    i have used every towel/method of drying. i always go back to the ABSORBER. IT JUST WORKS! if i ever get the coin for a metro master blaster, i would like to try one.
    IME save up for the 8 HP. It works much quicker on 8HP setting than 4 HP does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast