autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought by now, anyone who can do a simple Google search (read: everyone) knew how to get them for half the price. Just got mine yesterday, but since it is still snowing in Minnesota I'll have to wait to try it out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam Gun Showdown, possibility: Autogeek vs MTM Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    I have the MTM Hydro and I find that is doesn't spray the foam very evenly. It basically sprays it really heavy in two locations. at the top of the fan pattern and at the bottom. The middle of the fan spray pattern has like 20% of the foam coming from it. The top and bottom of the fan pattern make a ton of foam. I feel like I dont get easy coverage because of this . I thought their might be something wrong with my MTM gun, but I watched some youtube video's and saw that they all spray in a pattern that is not uniform.

The vid's of the Autogeek foam cannon look to show that it has a better spray pattern when foaming.

Has anyone else noticed what i'm talking about ? regarding the MTM foam gun not laying down foam very evenly out of the trigger ?
    I noticed the same thing on mine, but for me it's not a problem, I really love mine even if it does this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    I have the MTM Hydro and I find that is doesn't spray the foam very evenly. It basically sprays it really heavy in two locations. at the top of the fan pattern and at the bottom. The middle of the fan spray pattern has like 20% of the foam coming from it. The top and bottom of the fan pattern make a ton of foam. I feel like I dont get easy coverage because of this . I thought their might be something wrong with my MTM gun, but I watched some youtube video's and saw that they all spray in a pattern that is not uniform.

The vid's of the Autogeek foam cannon look to show that it has a better spray pattern when foaming.

Has anyone else noticed what i'm talking about ? regarding the MTM foam gun not laying down foam very evenly out of the trigger ?
    Mine is the same, but I wouldn't say only 20% in the middle of the pattern. It is noticeable enough, however, that more comes out at the top and bottom of the spray pattern.

However, having said that I do feel it is in part due to using an electric washer versus gas powered. When I used a gas powered unit last summer the foam sprayed very even, and the amount of foam was insane versus the electric washer. At some point my electric unit will go out, and I will definitely be springing for a gas unit. The difference is huge.

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed to the comparaison.

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed!
    "Hard work always beats talent, if talent don't work hard."

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends

I don't understand.

I thought the PBMG foam cannons were rebadged MTM Hydros.

I have the MTM Hydro and love it, though now I believe it's time to clean or replace that little internal filter because it's not foaming quite as well as it did a little more than a year ago.

My MTM Hydro has the same uneven spray pattern mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

Chemical Guys is referring to a "Next Generation" MTM Hydro. I don't know if it's different from the one that was popular a year ago or not.

I'm using my foam cannon with a Cleanforce 1800HD electric washer. It works very well, but, of course, there's room for improvement. I'd like thicker foam, a larger bottle, and an even spray pattern.

According to Chemical Guys's site, the "new" cannon works best with gas washers. I bet the older one works better with gas washers, too, because they offer higher PSI and GPM.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried contacting MTM asking if they have a "new generation" foam cannon? I've seen pictures of the "old" MTM Hydro and the foaming action does not look as good as the the MTM chemical guys us in their MR.Pink video. I wonder if the main difference is the pressure washer. CG uses a gas and I think a lot of people use cheap electric ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this on another site... very interesting that he isn't satisfied with his MTM...

AutoGlos Foam Cannon vs MTM Hydro

-Nigel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seshan View Post
    Has anyone tried contacting MTM asking if they have a "new generation" foam cannon? I've seen pictures of the "old" MTM Hydro and the foaming action does not look as good as the the MTM chemical guys us in their MR.Pink video. I wonder if the main difference is the pressure washer. CG uses a gas and I think a lot of people use cheap electric ones.
    Its the pressure washer they are using. As far as I know there is only one MTM Hydro. That "new generation" description on CG's website is just more hype.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Seshan & Friends

I emailed MTM Hydro about a month ago to ask if there'd been an upgrade to their foam lance. I received no reply.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123