autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)

As I was finishing up a quick wash and wax on a friend's 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser, a late afternoon Florida T-storm rolled in on me...typical. I decided to sieze the opportunity and do a quick side-by-side comparison of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and XMT 360 Spray Wax to see how they each repell water.
    Products Used:
    Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, Carnauba spray wax, spray car wax, detailing wax XMT 360 Spray Wax

Optimum Poli-Seal, Polymer sealant, polish sealant Optimum Poli-Seal

The FJ Cruiser hadnt been washed or cleaned since the day it was driven off the lot when it was new. The paint had some minor oxidation so I applied Optimum Poli-Seal over the entire vehicle using a regular foam applicator pad. Poli-Seal is a great, inexpensive one-step cleaner wax and is very easy to apply and remove by hand.

I followed the Poli-Seal up with a quick coat of XMT 360 Spray wax. This was my first time using it and I was very impressed with how easy it is to apply and remove without leaving any streaks. It took me 5-10 minutes to cover the entire vehicle.
    As the T-Storm approached, strong winds and lightening encouraged me to work faster.

I applied a very light coat of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran to the driver's side of the hood and a moderate coat of XMT 360 Spray Wax to the passenger's side. I didnt have time to tape off the center so there isnt a distinguishable line of seperation. I then had to pack up quickly and run inside to avoid the storm. 20 minutes later the rain stopped long enough for me to go out and snap some quick shots. I think the pics speak for themselves as to the beading qualities of each product.

NOTE: My girlfriend is a photographer and as you can see, I should have let her take the pictures.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)

XMT 360 Spray Wax Left/Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Right:
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)-wax-comparison-001-jpg
    Liquid Souveran w/Flash:
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)-wax-comparison-003-jpg
    XMT 360 Spray Wax w/Flash:
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)-wax-comparison-005-jpg
    XMT 360 Spray Wax:
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)-wax-comparison-006-jpg
    Liquid Souveran:
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)-wax-comparison-008-jpg
    2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran vs XMT 360 Spray Wax side-by-side (pics)-wax-comparison-010-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

You are comparing a "quick wax / spray wax / in between refreshing lsp" to a "full on LSP"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    You are comparing a "quick wax / spray wax / in between refreshing lsp" to a "full on LSP"
    Yes? I am simply showing the water beading qualities of two products side-by-side. The result of a T-storm cutting an exterior detail short.

Post Thanks / Like

While LS would probably be more durable in the long run, I know of many that now prefer to use a spray wax after each wash versus a true wax session.

Scott