autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review w/Video - Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass

Nick, couple of questions, I just bought a TC RS 6.0, kind of like the one Mike is doing the makeover on tomorrow.
    I want to coat all the glass on it with the G1 and I'm wondering how much I would need? Remember it has a full glass roof.
    Do you think DP Glass Restorer would work like the G4? I have a whole bottle of it and would rather use it than buy something else.
    You didn't really explain how to use the G2, could you give a little more detail Please!
    Thanks!!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    Nick, couple of questions, I just bought a TC RS 6.0, kind of like the one Mike is doing the makeover on tomorrow.
    I want to coat all the glass on it with the G1 and I'm wondering how much I would need? Remember it has a full glass roof.
    Do you think DP Glass Restorer would work like the G4? I have a whole bottle of it and would rather use it than buy something else.
    You didn't really explain how to use the G2, could you give a little more detail Please!
    Thanks!!
    I updated the thread with more detailed instructions of G2 (residue remover). Basically you work it in just like G1.

I used less than 15 ml for the entire windshield of the test vehicle, which was a Chrysler 300 (large piece of glass). When applied properly, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to coat all exterior glass on a small/midsize vehicle with one 15 ml bottle.

Detailer's High Performance Glass Restorer will work just fine to prep the glass for G1.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEXTERITY View Post
    I can't wait to see how it stands up to aquapel as well..

I did a quick write up a while ago Aquapel -v- Gtechniq G1, a quick review - Detailing World

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the link. good write up.. based on some of the comments. I'm wondering if I should stick with Aquapel.

I too was running around wild while trying to apply it and dry it off in time, but it does seem like Aquapel may be easier to use.

I will know shortly when my order arrives.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the link. good write up.. based on some of the comments. I'm wondering if I should stick with Aquapel.

I too was running around wild while trying to apply it and dry it off in time, but it does seem like Aquapel may be easier to use.

I will know shortly when my order arrives.
    When you apply G1 thin it's not difficult to remove. It's not effortless by any means, but with the included residue remover it doesn't take much elbow grease. The long-lasting protection is well worth having to spend an extra minute or two buffing it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff is awesome. I had it on my BMW for over a year now and it's still working like the day I applied it. Well worth the money IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input.. I'm guessing I need to find a way to remove the aquapel layer I currently have down? Maybe I will just wait a few months.

Any benefit to applying these types of sealants to side windows? I'm thinking in regards to snow/ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    The test driver had a lot of fun with this review, and I have to say this stuff really works. I am happy my car was the test subject, since it rains every afternoon lately!
    Par for the course this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input.. I'm guessing I need to find a way to remove the aquapel layer I currently have down? Maybe I will just wait a few months.

Any benefit to applying these types of sealants to side windows? I'm thinking in regards to snow/ice.
    I have it on all the glass but the biggest gain is on the windscreen and rear window. We have had some biblical rain recently (in the UK) and the Gtech stuff has proved its worth over and over again.

Application and buffing are straightforward.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast