autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking AutoGeek Detailer's Bag Review

Official Review:

(Takes deep breath, adjusts glasses, take a sip of water... clears throat)

"It's Awesome."

I guess that didn't take too long, haha! Seriously though men, the bag is a very useful and good looking tool, to hold the tools of our trade. If you'd like to see it on AG's website, check it out here: Autogeek Detailer's Bag, detailing bag, detailing supplies bag, storage bag, tool box, buffer bag, car care organizer, buffing pads organizer

What I did, after studying the pictures on the website, is purchase a new fleet (well, not a fleet, but nine) of clear sprayer bottles with the dilution ratios and measurements on the side, along with Meg's "self-cleaning" ketchup-type dispensing bottles for thicker items like liquid waxes, leather conditioners, and car wash shampoos.

1. Heavy Duty 32oz Sprayer bottles (the bag holds 6 flawlessly as you'll see in my pictures below)
    3 Detail Spray Bottles (36 oz )
    2. Meguiar's Self-Cleaning 16oz "ketchup" bottles
    Meguiars 16 oz. Self Cleaning Dispenser Bottle, squeeze bottle, polish dispenser

Now, in the lower compartment, it really isn't big enough for a lot of things like I wish it was (foam pads etc), BUT, I was able to fit some Meg's Yellow Tech Paste Wax in there, along with a couple Griot's car freshener sprays, and tire-gel applicators. 2oz sample bottles would really be great in this smaller 'hidden' lower compartment, but then again, for a detailer who does a larger amount of business, 2oz is only a tease.

The construction quality it well above par, the bag overall is just a great well-designed toolbox none of us should be without. We all know carts and stools can easily be found elsewhere for half-price or less because they don't say "Meg's" on them, but for a mobile detailing bag to keep your chemicals and supplied organized, I can't think of anything better or cheaper.

Picture time! You can see my personal favorite below, the (6) 32oz heavy duty spray bottles are all filled, and I love how their clear so it's a veritable rainbow of awesomeness! The Meg's self-cleaning bottles (I like them, by the way, good quality) are filled as well, with the four wash-shampoos I own segregated in the front, and even after adding in the leather cleaner and conditioner, I still have room for a compound and polish (WHEN I finally get the Flex 3401 dual-action orbital buffer... no restrictions sale, YET???). For now, I have Meg's trim detailer, and a couple sample bottles from a couple of my last orders.

ONE THING YOU WON'T SEE that is one of my favorites, is Ultima's Waterless Wash+, for two reasons. 1) I'm out, and AutoGeek for some reason doesn't sell it by the case, and I only like to buy in bulk, so I'm still weighing my options, and 2) This bag is more for mobile detailing for my clients, and I really only use Ultima's Waterless Wash+ on my own car between washings while it's garaged.

To the best of my memory (I'm not somewhere I can check the back right now) I believe my current favorites which I've included are:
    -Meg's Synthetic Detailer
    -Wizard's Mist-n-Shine Quick Detailer
    -Chemical Guy's V7 Optical Spray Sealant
    -Optimum Spray Wax
    -Meg's Glass Cleaner
    -I FORGET THE 6th

NOTE: I have room for 2-3 max "ketchup" bottles on the outside, and will eventually be upgrading to the FLEX 3401 Dual-Action Orbital in lieu of my Makita FLEX XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher Kit with Free FLEX Polisher Bag, FLEX Dual Action Polisher and storage bag, FLEX bag kit... so, I'm MORE than open to having everyone's suggestions for a 1-2-3 suggestion on an Aggressive, Medium, Mild Polish system of paint-correction. I'm thinking Meg's go-to 105/205, but I'm unsure of what the absolute best polish and sealants are (I want THE BEST) for topping the first two passes with the FLEX. Thoughts?

-Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss
    -Meg's NXT Car Wash
    -Meg's Carwash Shampoo & Conditioner
    -Chemical Guy's Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo
    -DP Xtreme Foam Car Wash Shampoo
    -Meg's Leather Cleaning & Conditioner
    -I FORGET WHAT ELSE IS LEFT

So, let's wrap this up and give it to a kid on Christmas...

PROS:
    -Design and construction is good looking and seems as though it will last and keep up with me
    -BEING AND LOOKING ORGANIZED REALLY IMPRESSES THE CLIENT

CONS:
    -It's no where near big enough, if it were double the size, it would be like having a full mobile-detailing GRAB-AND-GO toolbox. However, let me follow that up by saying the size is still alright, it is quite nice for a little array of your favorites, and they can always be swapped out for specific jobs
    -I wish the bottom compartment was larger, so again, size. It would be wonderful to be able to transport all the pads, waxes, sealants, shampoos, cleaners, and compounds in one bag, and then simply grab your Makita or FLEX buffer bag, and run out the door!

Thanks for reading guys! Please take a moment and click on another thread of mine where I'm trying to solve a problem that really has me confused - check it out HERE http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...am-cannon.html.

-ALL the Details Ohio
    Last edited by Ohio Detailing; 06-07-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoGeek Detailer's Bag Review

Good idea to put the name on top.
    Wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webb View Post
    Good idea to put the name on top.
    Thanks man!

I was really hoping for some more feedback on this thread. I did my bestest with pic and everything, haha.

I would assume this product would really be a popular must-have for any enthusiast or professional detailer alike.

Anyway... I suppose I should start a new dedicated thread toward gathering complete thoughts on the FLEX 3401 future purchase, pads to buy, as well as the compound and polishes to use.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nice review. I am going to purchase one in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition to that AG bag ,which looks awesome by the way,here is something I picked up from harbor freight for 12 something plus tax

It comes in very handy being able to put everything ( well almost everything ) in one bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: AutoGeek Detailer's Bag Review

good review & good pics.I love these bags. best detail bags out there by far. I just bought my second one. my old bag is probably gonna end up holding the PC, pads, pad cond, cleaner ect. Mother's also makes a good bag to throw up in the cab of the truck to always have on hand microfibers, chemicals, waxes, spay detailers ect. just the right size for what you need everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Review!

I got the same bag for Christmas and was very pleased with what arrived. It's very well made, roomy, and I like the metal carry bar that easily supports all the weight..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Now, in the lower compartment, it really isn't big enough for a lot of things like I wish it was (foam pads etc), BUT, I was able to fit some Meg's Yellow Tech Paste Wax in there, along with a couple Griot's car freshener sprays, and tire-gel applicators. 2oz sample bottles would really be great in this smaller 'hidden' lower compartment, but then again, for a detailer who does a larger amount of business, 2oz is only a tease.

I have found the bottom section to be very handy for me. It is the perfect size to fit the GG 3" Polisher.

I generally use the upper section to hold my PcXP polisher and pad cleaner as well as extra backing plates and wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Griot's version of the bag. The only reason I went with it is because the handle has a bend in it that allows for a little more storage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up! Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast