autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer BEWARE

Post Thanks / Like

Buyer BEWARE

Tried the new "Gold Plush Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt". Mitt looks great, but I DO NOT RECOMMEND washing in a front load washer. Ordered one and the seam came apart after the first washing. Contacted AG and a new one was shipped out immediately, great customer service. I received the replacement and AGAIN after one washing the seam came apart. I believe that this is a good product, but DO NOT WASH IS A FRONT LOAD WASHER.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buyer BEWARE-first-mitt-jpg   Buyer BEWARE-secong-mitt-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buyer BEWARE

Hmm. Must be your washer. Mine is a year old and gets thrown in the washer every time. Still holding up.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

I got the grey supreme one. I am sure they are exactly the same, just different color.

Mine has been washed in my front loader probably 5 times now and shows no signs of falling apart.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Has got to be a manufacturing defect. I'd send them both back and have the good people at AG look them over. If there is a batch defect they will want to know!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

AG is welcome to have it back. I am not even going to ask to have this one replaced. But I will find a different mitt to purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

i got the same mitt, an after about 4-5 washes the inside material came apart an the seem around the elastic came undone an now its pretty much useless.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem really is most of the new front load washers. There harsh on every material that has a lot of stitching. The barrells of the washer machine look like cheese graders. and anything with stitching gets taken apart fast. My front load is like this as well, and its very harsh on MF towel corners. Likes to pull them apart after one wash.

I may sound crazy , but i disagree that this is AG's fault. I wash all of my wash mitts by hand anyway. I treat them all like sheepkin mitts.

Also, if your blaming it on your front load washer, why are you writing BUYER BEWARE ? Usually those titles are deligated to people or companys that are ripping people off. AG already replaced one for you, and you should have learned not to put the second one in your harsh washer machine and maybe hand washed it.

Post Thanks / Like

If the problem was the washer, then all his clothes would be trashed in the same way. So it must be a bad run of the mitts or something, they should be durable enough to handle some abuse, they are wash mitts after all, not silk undies.

Post Thanks / Like

I titled it Buyer BEWARE to give others a warning to not wash these mitts in a HE washer. I wash all of my MF and mitts in the washer and until this one I have never had trouble. I DID SAY that it was probably the washer causing this. I do not wash ANY MF by hand and am not going to start now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Front load washers are suppose to be more gentle on clothes, towels and mitts because of the lack of an agitator than the traditional top load washer. Consumer Reports tests both types of washers and specifically tests "gentleness" and, while there are exceptions to every rule, front load washers are more gentle. More than likely your issue is with the mitt, possibly a bad batch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast