autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Shop-Vac Professional Stainless Steel 12 G

First product review. I don't have a camera so all pics are from my phone. I was really excited to get this vacuum and I wish I had a more positive review.

Assembly was simple

The accessories are compression fit. The crevice tool needs to use the adapter which is a pain because if you just grab the tool to remove the adapter stays in the end of the hose then when you go to put on the claw tool it won't go on! Annoying. Wish they would have made the connection the same size.

Notice the crack in the middle of the part.
    I probably should have sent this back but the accessory bucket fits over the two halfs of the part and holds them together.

This filter bag has a couple gouges that go thru the bag. Do I need a filter bag if the vacuum has a filter already? Is it for extra protection? I will contact Ag or Shop Vac for a new bag.

Here is a dent in the side of the canister. I know its not much but this was a $220 vacuum. I should have stopped here and sent it back right?

Be sure to tighten handles extra tight!! But don't strip the self threading screws that go into the plastic handles

Storage is kind of "throw everything in this bucket" storage. I have another vacuum where all accessories are mounted onboard for easy picking.

Now some positives. Xtra long hose! Awesome for keeping you vacuum away from your car

Hose threads on so there no pulling out when your working

Small and versatile if you have tight spots to get thru. Which is one of the reasons I bought this.
    Power- The power is good. Nothing special

Noise- I would say its the same as my current one. (standard Rigid)

If I do it over again I would try something else. Its always a pain for me to send things back. This vacuum will serve its purpose. I wanted a smaller vacuum that

I could use strictly for out cars and in the end minus a few dents cracks and rips I got what I wanted. Hope this helps anyone on the fence with this one. Thanks
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop-Vac Professional Stainless Steel 12 G

Hi there, I looked at Shop-Vacs and wasn't thrilled about them. I bought a Nilfisk-Alto for a little over $400 and it has more suction power or "lift" and is quiter and the hoses are FAR better. It has crush resistant hose and is just a superior vac.

I would look at those models and take yours back. Look at the specs on the vacuums and see how much lift they have. It should be under "sealed pressure." And I highly recommend 2-stage motor if it will be used a lot during the day.

Are you a detailer or is this just for home use?

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest wire-tying foam that used on home AC units to insulate/protect copper piping for the metal handle on that vac.
    Plumbing - Pipe Insulation - at The Home Depot

Looks like a mar/scratch waiting in the wings.

Twisted1
    C.R.E.A.M. - Get Da Money___Dalla Dalla Bill Yall

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy Bath View Post
    Hi there, I looked at Shop-Vacs and wasn't thrilled about them. I bought a Nilfisk-Alto for a little over $400 and it has more suction power or "lift" and is quiter and the hoses are FAR better. It has crush resistant hose and is just a superior vac.

I would look at those models and take yours back. Look at the specs on the vacuums and see how much lift they have. It should be under "sealed pressure." And I highly recommend 2-stage motor if it will be used a lot during the day.

Are you a detailer or is this just for home use?

Thanks for the feed back. I am strictly a hobbyist. I'll keep as I said it will fit my

need. I just wanted to offer up a review for anyone considering it. I do have a

question though...With the shop vac I have is the filter bag for 2x the filtering?

It already has a filter under the motor. I think i should be using both ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twisted1 View Post
    I suggest wire-tying foam that used on home AC units to insulate/protect copper piping for the metal handle on that vac.
    Plumbing - Pipe Insulation - at The Home Depot

Looks like a mar/scratch waiting in the wings.
    Thank you for the tip. Great idea! Done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post
    Thanks for the feed back. I am strictly a hobbyist. I'll keep as I said it will fit my

need. I just wanted to offer up a review for anyone considering it. I do have a

question though...With the shop vac I have is the filter bag for 2x the filtering?

It already has a filter under the motor. I think i should be using both ???

I think the bag is for really fine material like dust and construction material like drywall dust, etc.

Yeah you should be happy with your vac. When I was looking at them I just called the company and asked their tech team what vacuum they recommended for professional detailing use.

Hope you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if you plan on keeping it I would give Penny a call. Just to let her know your findings. It will only take 5 minutes, and you never know what she might say?
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.