autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 3 Microfiber brands

Wow everyone LOVES CG towels....
    Idk but i bought 6 pak of their super towel... and i have them in comparison side by side with cobra.... and the CG is so much rougher....

Im really tempted to buy like 100$ of towels from CG to try every single towel they have lol...
    Becausae i do agree... cobra towels are pricey T_T

Post Thanks / Like

Sam's club bulk towels
    CG
    Cobra
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
    Wow everyone LOVES CG towels....
    Idk but i bought 6 pak of their super towel... and i have them in comparison side by side with cobra.... and the CG is so much rougher....

Im really tempted to buy like 100$ of towels from CG to try every single towel they have lol...
    Becausae i do agree... cobra towels are pricey T_T

I actually just did this a couple weeks ago. I found that some of the towels were actually almost too soft and plush. Others a little too "stiff" and shortrer napped. Overall I love the supertowel silk banded towels. The most recent order I got of them were extremely soft, much softer than my original batch, so they do vary by batch. The sasquatches are somewhat too finicky for my liking. They are extremely thick and fluffy which is nice for spray waxes but it does bunch on me a lot. I agree on the website confusion, I always have to double check my orders to make sure I am ordering the right items before confirming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy Bath View Post
    I have heard a few people say Poorboy's. I have never used them. Are Cobra not the top dog? I thought they were because AG seems to really promote them. I need good drying towels, I have several Cobra Guzzlers and they are okay but can leave streaks.

I use Cobra glass towels too but am wondering if there are better ones out there.

Thanks
    The reason you see them promoted that much by AG is because they're a house brand, same as Pinnacle, DP, Wolfgang, Blackfire, etc.
    Francis

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnxj3 View Post
    I actually just did this a couple weeks ago. I found that some of the towels were actually almost too soft and plush. Others a little too "stiff" and shortrer napped. Overall I love the supertowel silk banded towels. The most recent order I got of them were extremely soft, much softer than my original batch, so they do vary by batch. The sasquatches are somewhat too finicky for my liking. They are extremely thick and fluffy which is nice for spray waxes but it does bunch on me a lot. I agree on the website confusion, I always have to double check my orders to make sure I am ordering the right items before confirming.

I should call CG tomorrow about the towels then... because the one i got is pretty stiff...
    And u should snap some pics and share with everything here... like ME lol... so i can save some money!!

Post Thanks / Like

for those of you who like the CG's microfibers, check out stocktowelsnowdotcom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    CG is what I primarily use. They are the best priced and last. I feel they are equal in quality to Cobra but are a little more economical. Plus when I buy them at the CG shop, they usually have specials on them
    +1 I love CG towels but I live close by and there is something to be said for getting to see and touch the towels you want before you buy.

Some may come from the same or similar sources. I've noticed how some are different colors as other companies but the same tagging and naming convention. I bought a Chinchilla clone from detailing.com I swear the only difference is that it is neon green.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    for those of you who like the CG's microfibers, check out stocktowelsnowdotcom...
    man if I only needed 240 55g towels not being a pro I am very certain the wife would murder me for even trying...of course I could be buried in a nice microfiber lined casket then.....

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to get some CG microfiber towels tomorrow and finally get some blacklight and V7 and maybe some Lava. I love that i work 5mins away from the Chemical Guys warehouse. Im like a kid at a candy store.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top 3 Microfiber brands-img_20120206_151650-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRex View Post
    man if I only needed 240 55g towels not being a pro I am very certain the wife would murder me for even trying...of course I could be buried in a nice microfiber lined casket then.....
    They also sell towels in packs of one dozen (and pairs for the larger towels). I can definitely see myself using a dozen towels (in fact I do have more than a dozen of certain types).
    Francis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast