autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Wet Fire Over Ice Combo V2.0 - TLC Auto Detail

Quick Review – Wet Fire over Ice V 2.0

So I wanted to do a quick review of two more products from the new Blackfire line. Unlike some of the other products, neither of these products is brand new; they were just tweaked a bit. In my opinion there was no need to do a full reformulate for these products because they were so great to begin with. The two products of course are Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant and Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnuba wax. When used in combination this has been dubbed “Wet Fire over Ice”.
    This review won’t be as long as some of my others simply because we all know how to apply sealants and waxes, so I will skip the application process. In short both products apply exactly the same as their previous generations.

Let’s start with the Wet Diamond sealant since it will be the base for this combination. When you see this product you will notice that it is the same color and has the same scent as the previous product. It also goes on the same way. I applied it with my PCXP on speed 4 with a black LC pad. This product spread extremely well. I did the entire vehicle with one “X” on the face of the pad. I probably could have done it with a little less, but this worked great, leaving no areas with too much product. After it was applied I tended to other parts of this vehicle, and let the sealant cure for about an hour. This product is known for its ease of removal and the slickness it leaves behind. This new formula offers a slight improvement in both categories. I noticed even less drag on the towel when I remove it. Buffing it off was a pleasure, and it never required me to re buff a section to get it all off. Also it seems to me that the slickness was even a little higher than the previous formulation. I could sit a towel on the hood and it would slide right down the front of the vehicle with no effort.

I know that looks are subjective, and I’m a diehard carnuba guy. But even I have to admit that this sealant looked great, even on its own. It had a very glossy appearance, but also added depth to the finish, a truly amazing look, even on its own.

To create the Wet Fire over Ice combo I topped the Wet Diamond with the new formula of blackfire Midnight Sun Carnaba. For a long time this has been my favorite all around wax. It’s well priced, stupid easy to apply and remove, and just looks fantastic. To add another plus to it, it actually offers some decent durability for a paste wax since it contains some of the, now famous, Blackfire polymers.

I decided to use the same method for application of the wax. I used an LC black pad on my PCXP on speed 3. This wax spreads like you wouldn’t believe. I only needed to add wax to the pad once through the entire application. It spreads very thin, and a little goes a long way. I think you are supposed to WOWO this product, but I left it to cure for about 30 minutes to see if it had any effect on the removal….it didn’t! I used a plush towel to remove this wax and it was almost as easy as the sealant was to remove, a real treat for people who may be used to finicky waxes that can be difficult to remove. After removing the wax from t eh entire vehicle I stood back and looked at what I had. I was floored with this look. This added a ton more depth to the already deep look that the sealant had left. In my opinion I think this is the best looking combination that I have ever seen. Please enjoy the following pictures of the final outcome. Keep in mind that the only prep this vehicle got was a quick round of the Blackfire AIO after a wash and clay.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy this combo as much as I have!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Wet Fire Over Ice Combo V2.0 - TLC Auto Detail

Great review Dave, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Davey, and the pictures are just BEAUTIFUL! The paint looks so deep and wet, it looks like I could dive right in to it!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Great job buddy! Also a great car. I am not sure if you realize but for a "die hard nuba guy" you seem to be using BF sealants a lot in your last few details. So that says a lot for the quality of the improved BF line! Great job.

P.S. Looks like you are out of tire dressing.....feel free to shoot me a PM and I can ship you some if you need.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Great review Dave, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for letting me do them!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Great review Davey, and the pictures are just BEAUTIFUL! The paint looks so deep and wet, it looks like I could dive right in to it!
    Thanks Tadman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Great job buddy! Also a great car. I am not sure if you realize but for a "die hard nuba guy" you seem to be using BF sealants a lot in your last few details. So that says a lot for the quality of the improved BF line! Great job.

P.S. Looks like you are out of tire dressing.....feel free to shoot me a PM and I can ship you some if you need.
    Lol, I really have been using the BF products a lot lately. Mainly to get the reviews done, but also because they are so great, and easy to use.

PS. Bite me, lol. I just rolled the car back to get the rest of the tires in that picture, but my ADD kicked in and i wanted a pic of that reflection first. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's one glossy paint! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, it looks simply fabulous. Yet another temptation towards the blackfire line...Just gotta remind myself that your work always looks great! ...

BF samples here I come!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Dave!! Thanks for doing this. It makes me feel good about my BFWDAPP purchase.

Those pictures of the rear quarter are insane!! Live the gloss!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Great results! It's tough to beat BFWD and MS.

How did you apply the Midnight Sun to the PC pad? I sometimes use a small spoon to scoop alittle onto the pad and spread it on the pad with my fingers. Any tips here?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

What is Blackfire AIO?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast