autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: !!New Blackfire Massive Product Review

First off GREAT REVIEW, thank you for taking the time to review

1) Did they sent you a 3oz tub or a 8z tub of the NEW Midnight sun? It looked a bit big
    2) What color is the NEW Blackfire Sealant Paint Protection, the old one was milk blue, and what is the big "improvement" of the old vs new since I have a lot of the old one left...
    3) Your application of the NEW Midnight sun (top panel of door), is that what people consider thin? If so, I must have been doing it wrong because yours look like spreading peanut butter on bread/slathered and mines look like I am rubbing nothing on the paint... (I am not criticizing you, just asking to clarify since obviously you have been in the detail game way longer than me) and if so I will follow your method if that's what thin means

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely wonderful review and videos Bill! I watched the video as soon as I got home last night. Thank you for all the time you sacrificed free of charge and the creativity you lent to the community to make it better than it was the day before.

It took me a second to figure out what was up in the beginning! I thought hmmmm, what is this a video of and then I realized!!! So cool!

Thanks again my friend.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill,

Those are some nice videos reviewing some of the new BlackFire line. From what I've seen BlackFire's really stepped up to the plate with all their products...

Superb reviews and the videos are outstanding!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at the files sizes and the 360p file is 144MB and 1080p is 1200MB !.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if adding mudguards would prevent all that splatter on those poor mirrors. They look like bird nests!
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    I wonder if adding mudguards would prevent all that splatter on those poor mirrors. They look like bird nests!
    I think they would, I am about to put some Rally Armor flaps.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay in responses, I had some family things come up that needed to be attended to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I was looking at the files sizes and the 360p file is 144MB and 1080p is 1200MB !.
    That's nothing ... uncompressed it was 6GB as exported, and 60GB raw. I have found if you sign your life to youtube they will let you host unlimited length files, which is about the only place I was able to find that would take a 31+ min review in 1080.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hi Bill,

Those are some nice videos reviewing some of the new BlackFire line. From what I've seen BlackFire's really stepped up to the plate with all their products...

Superb reviews and the videos are outstanding!!
    Thanks Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Absolutely wonderful review and videos Bill! I watched the video as soon as I got home last night. Thank you for all the time you sacrificed free of charge and the creativity you lent to the community to make it better than it was the day before.

It took me a second to figure out what was up in the beginning! I thought hmmmm, what is this a video of and then I realized!!! So cool!

Thanks again my friend.
    It was a lot of fun That opening shot was probably the first thing that I knew I was going to shoot. Having a waterproof camera opens up all sorts of new possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    First off GREAT REVIEW, thank you for taking the time to review

1) Did they sent you a 3oz tub or a 8z tub of the NEW Midnight sun? It looked a bit big
    2) What color is the NEW Blackfire Sealant Paint Protection, the old one was milk blue, and what is the big "improvement" of the old vs new since I have a lot of the old one left...
    3) Your application of the NEW Midnight sun (top panel of door), is that what people consider thin? If so, I must have been doing it wrong because yours look like spreading peanut butter on bread/slathered and mines look like I am rubbing nothing on the paint... (I am not criticizing you, just asking to clarify since obviously you have been in the detail game way longer than me) and if so I will follow your method if that's what thin means
    Rock012345, sorry for the delay, and thanks for following up via PM. I will post my PM response here as well:

Thanks for the feedback and questions, I think most of what you asked I touched on in the review, but I know it was ridiculously long, so I will try to clarify your specific questions.

1) Neither, the new tubs are 7.4oz, they come with a nice blue satin bag, and have a MF towel and applicator as well.

2) The color was identical to my eyes, kind of a chalky milky blue that you mention. In my experience I have not been able to find much of a difference; it is still just as wonderful as the old version. I have seen others report that there is less dusting with the new version, however, those are not my observations. I will get a picture of the new/old so you can judge for yourself on the color.

3) IMO thin and even application (as I mentioned in the video) is really only accomplished via machine application. Though I do put down a heavy stripe down the center, I spend quite a bit of time working out from that area until I am no longer getting product coverage.

Some of that was cut/condensed for time from the video. With the Midnight Sun, the video does not show it well but I am just slightly brushing the surface with the applicator; the Midnight Sun spreads a very long way with just the smallest amount. If I took a picture of my pot of midnight sun it looks completely unused despite using it on the door and entire roof.

Although I don't think I was making sandwiches, I agree the application was not as thin as I would have preferred; although credit to the product it was still very easy to remove and was quite user friendly.

Normally I do use enough product that I am positive I am getting good coverage, applied by machine in two directions. I'll see if I can get some video that makes it a bit clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateForGirl View Post
    Nice review Bill. I loved the video's you posted.
    I appreciate the feedback, video does open up more possibilities for showing the process, however I think for corrections they just do not have enough resolution to show defects or the lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    Bill....very awesome review of the products and loved the rally cross videos. looks like ya'll had alot of fun doing that. Thanks for putting all this together. I appreciate your hard work and efforts that went into this review.
    Thanks Alko, I was having a blast as you can tell. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Slava View Post
    Thanks Bill,

Awesome review.
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Thanks Bill for the great review and videos! Editing in the video was very nice, must of took a lot of time. Did you use iMovie? I really like the flash in your video, which one is it? I'm looking into getting a better one.

For this project I was using iMovie 2011, though I started to exceed some of the capabilities of what it can do. I wanted to do more cuts between camera angles while maintaining audio tracks; I may need to graduate to something more powerful in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Hi Bill!! I am so excited to see the video but I can't . I'm on my iPad in the and it just keep loading. Bad signal right now... No access to hardwire I'm going to switch to 3G and try to load it that way. If not I will be lookin at it via pc as soon as I get home.

I can't wait man!! I know you put a ton of time into this and highly respect the task of trying to edit a massive amount of video into someone people will watch. Also thanks for the analysis on the old vs new. I'll be back after I can watch the video!!

Oh yeah!!! They need to buy that trailer from you for the BFWD line!!!!
    Thanks Corey, sorry that I had to torture you with knowing the video was out and not being able to watch it. Hopefully the wait was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    Loved the video Bill.

I really want to try some Crystal Seal. I have never used any of the other WOWA sealants. But I think you sold me.

The tire shine looks very promising as well.
    Crystal Seal was very nice, as was the Tire shine. I have not yet met a BlackFire product I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris's FX4 View Post
    Excellent review and great photos and videos! Thank you for taking the time to make and edit these videos.

You know its a good day whenever you get mud on the roof.
    It is a lot of work, but when people really appreciate the effort, it is all worth while. Thank you for sharing your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
    WOW - Thank you so much for the AMAZING review.

Video is very impressive!
    Again thank you
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    That's nothing ... uncompressed it was 6GB as exported, and 60GB raw. I have found if you sign your life to youtube they will let you host unlimited length files, which is about the only place I was able to find that would take a 31+ min review in 1080.
    I get the feeling google or apple owns our souls..they just are not telling us.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta love mac's imovie

Post Thanks / Like

wow awesome thanx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast