autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: !!New Blackfire Massive Product Review

Quote Originally Posted by bomcar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    That was a bit of an unusual WOWA application...since the idea is to leave all of the product on the surface, I never use something as absorbant as a plush MF to do the wipe-on, always an applicator.

EDIT: Just finished watching the tire part...funny how the Tyromania is indistinguishable from the taped off sections...
    is that true as direction of how to apply crystal seal ?
    I think many product will be absorbed applying like that way ..

The application directions are now out and are as follows:

Directions:

Apply BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal to clean paint with a soft applicator. Mist applicator once to prime. Then mist each panel once and spread sealant in straight line motions. There is no need for additional buffing.

Blackfire Crystal Seal does not require buffing.

Blackfire Crystal Seal works well on wheels and trim.
    The sample I had did not come with the MF applicator pads, though I don't believe my MF towel was all that much more absorbent than the pictured MF aplicators. As I mentioned in the video the application did work a lot better after my MF had gotten a certian level of saturation, however, I feel that can be accomplished with a few priming sprays as well. My biggest concern is instilling any scratching / marring which is why I pulled out my softest/nicest MF to do the application.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if you addressed this Bill but doesn't your car have opticoat on it?

If so, then won't that really lower the durability of any of the test products?
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    not sure if you addressed this Bill but doesn't your car have opticoat on it?

If so, then won't that really lower the durability of any of the test products?
    You are correct that my car is opti coated, however, the comparison between old and new versions is what I am focusing my durability report on. It is reasonable to think that the OC will affect both equally.
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, but you mention your car has Opti Coat.

My understanding is that topping OC with anything will not last very long....so I'm not sure about using an OC car for a durability test, even if just trying to compare products on the same car? JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax View Post
    Great review, but you mention your car has Opti Coat.

My understanding is that topping OC with anything will not last very long....so I'm not sure about using an OC car for a durability test, even if just trying to compare products on the same car? JMO.
    My point is that I am comparing different versions of the same product, not the total duration.

If OC affects the durability, it should affect the old versions and new versions equally, and any differences noticed will indicate a difference between the two versions of the product.

This is not a test to say this product lasts X months, this is a comparison between the application / removal of the old version and the new version, and any differences in longevity between the two given that they are both applied on the same OC'd surface.

I will in the future have a vehicle that is 'bare' paint to test on, however to get out my initial review and impressions of the new versions of the product I had to use what I had on hand. This will also leave open some opportunities for others to make and report back their own findings.

Regardless, the new versions of the BlackFire products are awesome to work with, and if that was not the message you walked away with, something must have been lost in translation.

None of us will know the true durability for another 4-5 months, so there was a lot more value in getting information that was relevant and timely out about the new products.
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Bill. I loved the video's you posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I understand your point(s) and I thoroughly enjoyed the reviews and respect the work you put in. I do realize you are trying to compare the relative durability of BFWD old vs. new WHEN applied to Opti-Coat.

I just wanted to comment that it may be difficult to glean much durability information (relative or otherwise) when applying LSPs to a surface that the LSPs are not designed for and may very well not accept ....if one lasts a little longer than the other I'm not sure if that translates to using them over, say BF polish or EZ creme glaze?..and maybe I'm off base. No malice intended. Excellent work.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Bill. Video was a pleasure to watch and obviously since I saw the RallyX in person I can say the videos did a great job of capturing the fun we had there.

I look forward to trying these products!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax View Post
    Bill, I understand your point(s) and I thoroughly enjoyed the reviews and respect the work you put in. I do realize you are trying to compare the relative durability of BFWD old vs. new WHEN applied to Opti-Coat.

I just wanted to comment that it may be difficult to glean much durability information (relative or otherwise) when applying LSPs to a surface that the LSPs are not designed for and may very well not accept ....if one lasts a little longer than the other I'm not sure if that translates to using them over, say BF polish or EZ creme glaze?..and maybe I'm off base. No malice intended. Excellent work.
    I think we are on the same page, and I was not trying to be short with you, but it starts to be a slippery slope of what base layer or even what clear coat is on the car.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is that despite my car having Opti-Coat applied, the BlackFire products still added a significant amount of slickness and gloss, and in the case of the Midnight sun and Wet Diamond had some nice filling properties to hid some light swirls I have picked up over the winter months. Really great stuff.

Either way the Blackfire product line (old and new) are joy to work with, and really look amazingly good, even on on OC'd surface.

Despite the mud during the rally it was still looking soaked!
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I appreciate your reply. I did not intend to step on any toes.

I've used BFWD and Midnight Sun (aka Blackfire Wet Diamond Wax) since their inception (Terry Freiberg I believe brought them to market at CMA). They are among the best.

The pic after the rally says it all....happy detailing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast