autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Review: Glass Science Glass Scrub

I wanted to let the forum know about a product that never gets mentioned on here but that I find to be very good.

Glass Science Glass Scrub Auto Glass Stripper, glass polish, glass cleaner, glass cleanser, water spot remover

I have a 2003 Subaru WRX that is garage kept. For the first few years that I had the car, I did not use glass scrub or any other special product on my windows. I had started developing water spots on the windshield where the wipers do not reach. At this point I started using Glass Scrub at every wash. I apply as follows:

1. Wash the car and spray it off
    2. leave the car wet and soak a rag (I use an old clean sock)
    3. Squeeze some Glass Scrub onto the sock and scrub down the car's glass.
    4. Hose off the glass scrub and dry car.

Product is a white creme that smells like mint. I absolutely love the smell!

This product eventually took all the water spots off my windshield and my car has not developed any water spots whatsoever since I have used it.

The water spots that my car already had were not too bad and it took awhile to get them off so I do not know how this product would work on bad spots. I just know that for my mild case it eventually took them all off and has prevented any new ones from appearing.

Could the lack of any new spots be that my car is garage kept and I take very good care of it ? That could be true because I definitely take better care of it now that when it was new. But I really credit it to the Glass Scrub. Either way, my glass always looks crystal clear after using this product.

In conclusion I find Glass Scrub to be a great maintenance product and will continue to use it.

Thanks for reading,
    Drew

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Glass Science Glass Scrub

Great review, thanks for sharing Drew.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Drew, Great review on this product.

Didn't know Augogeek had it in their store. I will put it on my next shopping list.

Would be interesting to see what effect Glass Science Glass Scrub has on the many glass treatments that are on the market such as Rain-x, Aquapel and the like. For instance, would Glass Science Glass Scrub diminish or even remove these glass treatments.........
    Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Hadn't heard much about this product. Sounds like a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaHen View Post
    Thanks Drew, Great review on this product.

Didn't know Augogeek had it in their store. I will put it on my next shopping list.

Would be interesting to see what effect Glass Science Glass Scrub has on the many glass treatments that are on the market such as Rain-x, Aquapel and the like. For instance, would Glass Science Glass Scrub diminish or even remove these glass treatments.........
    Good question. I don't use any of these treatments on my glass so I really have no idea. Thanks everyone for the positive comments on my review!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRXINXS View Post
    Good question. I don't use any of these treatments on my glass so I really have no idea. Thanks everyone for the positive comments on my review!
    it will...

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using glass science. if the glass i am working with is not too heavily polluted, i will use the scrub as a prep to using a sealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaHen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXINXS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pital View Post
    it will...
    Being that Glass Science Glass Scrub is a silica-based cleaner, it will, undoubtedly, be effective in removing any above surface AquaPel. The problem I see would be its inability to totally and completely removing any below surface AquaPel.
    But most ammonia-based window cleaners would have the same effect on Aquapel. That...A host of other 'cleaners'.

But....The only chemicals/cleaners I've found to completely and totally remove RainX is: A paste of cerium oxide; and/or Naptha.
    Perhaps, with enough 'scrubbing' over a period of time, this Glass Science product may have RainX-removal-capability. This also may mean that "a lot of waste" will be involved.

BTW OP:
    Not to be lost amid these observations of mine lies a very excellent review on your part!

This product sounds like a good alternative to my use of a Bon-Ami paste-mixture from time to time.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review

Excuse me, I have one question.
    If we apply the glass scrub, and then the glass scrub is dried on glass within three days, can it damage the glass?

Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingbox View Post
    Nice review

Excuse me, I have one question.
    If we apply the glass scrub, and then the glass scrub is dried on glass within three days, can it damage the glass?

Thank You

I have used this product many times and I do not think the dried on residue will harm glass
    Might wanna clean it off with water and maybe some 0000 fine steel wool if needed
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast