autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Video about application and results of CarPro Fog Fight

Hello,
    I want to share with you a video I took showing how to apply Fog Fight quite easy and the results after steaming the glass:

The steps I followed:

1.- clean the glass thoroughly, here I used CarPro Eraser and a glass towel.
    2.- turn on the heating for decreasing the humidity and increasing the temperature
    3.- use not much product, sprayed to the small suede towel covering the applicator and work the product until it "disappears"
    4.- wait for removing:
    * a 5~20 ºC: 10 min
    * a 20~30 ºC: 1 min
    5.- Remove the product with a glass towel without pressure, it's better multiple passes without pressure than less passes with pressure. If necessary, use the large suede towel for removing the excess.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video about application and results of CarPro Fog Fight

Very nice. Thanks, will be trying this weekend.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nice video.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice tutorial and test of Fog Fight! Thanks for the video and for posting it...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Since it's a gorgeous January day here in New England with temps in the low 50's, I decided to give CarPro Fog Fight a try. The temperature inside my truck was about 70 with the doors shut.

I cleaned the inside of my windows thoroughly before applying CarPro Fog Fight.

After opening the sealed package I initially thought; what a cute little spray bottle and was going to have some fun with it telling everyone it was a 32oz in the palm of my hand!

I think the actual size of about 6oz.....
    I digress, now back to the post.

The soft suede cloths fit the foam block but without a lot to spare. After I figured out how to operate the trigger release I applied the product to the glass as instructed.

When I began to spread CarPro Fog Fight evenly on the glass I noticed that it felt sort of thick but then realized this was the suede cloth spreading the product around. I applied it in a crisscross pattern ensuring that I achieved complete and even coverage.

After about 6 or 7 minutes I went over the inside of the glass with a clean microfiber towel wiping off the haze that forms after the products applied. I took my time wiping it because I didn't want to remove the product but I needed to keep the glass crystal clear for driving.

The total time for the application for the inside of the windshield and side windows on my truck was about 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish.

It did come out good and I'm curious to see how it performs and just how long it will last...

Post Thanks / Like

Bob...since you just put it on and had a day to drive around with it on your windshield, have you noticed any hazing/streaking? This stuff is a PIA to remove! Either I used WAY too much product or I should have just used my waffle weave glass towel to remove. The larger towel thats included kinda sucks!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Alex, it's funny you should ask.....

Just a little update.

It's been two days since I applied it and the biggest obstacle I found during the application was removing the haze once the product dried. I was pretty successful in removing it and clarity was good!

Yesterday afternoon I was out for a drive and the haziness was back. I was a bit disappointed as I took my time removing it after waiting 6 minutes or so because I thought I had done everything correctly.

I'll grab a clean microfiber towel today and go over it again. I'm unsure what caused the haziness to return and it could be an error in application.

The instructions say not to touch it after it's applied but I have no other choice as it's unacceptable the way it is currently. I'll see of I can get some photos of the haze and post them......

Post Thanks / Like

Bob...I'm getting ready to remove it. Hopefully some Stoners will be sufficient. I honestly don't think its a matter of using too much product in my case. I am going to apply it just like OP with just spraying on the MF wrapped applicator and remove with the waffle weave glass towel. If this doesn't work I'm going to either discard or trade it. This isn't safe for night time driving. So far....I'm not liking the product.

I should add that I followed the video to a T.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    Bob...I'm getting ready to remove it. Hopefully some Stoners will be sufficient. I honestly don't think its a matter of using too much product in my case. I am going to apply it just like OP with just spraying on the MF wrapped applicator and remove with the waffle weave glass towel. If this doesn't work I'm going to either discard or trade it. This isn't safe for night time driving. So far....I'm not liking the product.
    Alex, You make a good point!

While I was out last night seem I noticed it was more pronounced due to on coming headlights. If I continue to experience this condition then it'll come off easily with some Meguiar's Glass Cleaner and a waffle glass towel...

I did too Alex and I also watched the video on the CarPro site, they're virtually identical in application methods.

Post Thanks / Like

I was really excited about this stuff but now its become more of a nuisance
    Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast