autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video about application and results of CarPro Fog Fight

I just started playing with fogfight today. I have some thoughts and opinions but still playing with it. I've been testing a few different methods. Alex, try buffing it with fair pressure I don't think your going to remove the coating but that should remove the bit of residue you see. I am headed back out to play with it some more now.

Let me ask you guys, are you seeing something similar to what a slight hologram looks like when their is direct lighting pointed into the coating?

Or are you actually seeing haze on it. I think being afraid to wipe hard is part of the issue and as long as you wait the directed times you can just wipe as needed to remove it. Ok, going to play some more.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Corey,

Thanks for jumping in here!

As I mentioned to Alex, I would grab a clean microfiber towel and give the inside of my windshield a good going over, which I did. I even went as far as wiping my finger across the glass to see what affect it had on it.

The two photos below illustrate the level of haze I'm seeing.

I've changed the focus and depth of field to show what the driver would see if he was looking beyond the hood as in actual driving.

The right side, or non hazed area shows where I had removed the Fog Fight using Stoner's Invisible Glass, for Alex, and a clean waffle glass towel. Notice the contrast between the Fog Fight and the clear section.

This is AFTER I attempted to wipe the haze aggressively using a soft non weave microfiber towel.

Photo 1

Photo 2

I focused on the interior surface of the glass to illustrate the haze issue and in both photos you can see where I've wiped my finger to the right of the rear view mirror.

My conclusion for now was to clean the interior surfaces of all the glass removing the Fog-Fight product. While there's little doubt Fog-Fight dramatically eliminates fogging, glass clarity is my #1 priority.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I just started playing with fogfight today. I have some thoughts and opinions but still playing with it. I've been testing a few different methods. Alex, try buffing it with fair pressure I don't think your going to remove the coating but that should remove the bit of residue you see. I am headed back out to play with it some more now.

Let me ask you guys, are you seeing something similar to what a slight hologram looks like when their is direct lighting pointed into the coating?

Or are you actually seeing haze on it. I think being afraid to wipe hard is part of the issue and as long as you wait the directed times you can just wipe as needed to remove it. Ok, going to play some more.
    It actually looks like holograms in the glass. Not haze like a foggy haze but yeah...it looks like holograms in the light. I used light pressure at first and then, the more aggravated I got, the more pressure I used. I used everything...the larger towel it came with, waffle weave, and a MF cloth. All its doing is changing the direction of the "haze" which ever way you wipe...either up or down, or left to right.

I cleaned the glass with Stoners, but didn't reapply the Fog Fight. It was another nice day so I decided to wash my fiance's RX350.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    My conclusion for now was to clean the interior surfaces of all the glass removing the Fog-Fight product. While there's little doubt Fog-Fight dramatically eliminates fogging, glass clarity is my #1 priority.
    I'll revist this next weekend. I don't have the patience to deal with this right now. I don't want to be driving with a hazed up windshield. Thanks for testing out this stuff Bob...this is annoying the crap out of me. I was SO excited to see this...especially bescaiuse I don't have a garage and my windows can get foggy from sitting outside over night. As for now...I my day was redeemed as I applied the XMT Spray Wax on my fiance's RX350...it looks great!!!
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby, thanks for the pictures and thanks to both of you for your experiences.

I did some testing with different things as well Bobby. I'll post later after I see the results driving at night and a couple days from now. I am not seeing that haze so far. In the mirror testing in my house I could see the slight "holograms" when I pointed a very bright led light into it but on the windshields of the cars I applied it to I'm not seeing it yet. Possibly too much sunlight to allow it to be visible. Anyway, I'll get back soon with video, pictures, etc. in my review after I see a couple days and some nightime driving.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Corey, for joining our test group. I drive back to VA tonight with no haze thanks to Stoners. I love that stuff. Looking forward to your results.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

You should spray to the suede towel, not to the glass, trust me, I played with the product aroung 10 h to obtain the better process. Spray 2-3 times to the suede and cover a quarter of windshield after having the heater on for a while, working the product until it "disappear". Then wait for the time recommended on the video and remove it doing various passes with a not plushed microfiber without pressure. I didn't turn off the heater in the whole process.
    You'll love the product, not easy to use if you don't follow this steps, but once followed, the product is great.
    Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maesal View Post
    You should spray to the suede towel, not to the glass, trust me, I played with the product aroung 10 h to obtain the better process. Spray 2-3 times to the suede and cover a quarter of windshield after having the heater on for a while, working the product until it "disappear". Then wait for the time recommended on the video and remove it doing various passes with a not plushed microfiber without pressure. I didn't turn off the heater in the whole process.
    You'll love the product, not easy to use if you don't follow this steps, but once followed, the product is great.
    Regards.
    I'm not one to give up easily and will try this again. I was trying to follow both the video here and the one on CarPro's website which illustrates the application. Both are nearly identical and both spray on the suede and glass but if it's less product that makes the difference then so be it.

Instead of reapplying it to the inside of the windshield, I'll just do the side windows for test purposes as they're easier and take less time..

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    I'm not one to give up easily and will try this again. I was trying to follow both the video here and the one on CarPro's website which illustrates the application. Both are nearly identical and both spray on the suede and glass but if it's less product that makes the difference then so be it.

Instead of reapplying it to the inside of the windshield, I'll just do the side windows for test purposes as they're easier and take less time..
    No, I only spray on the suede towel, try this better, it will be easier apllyting it very thin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12