autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro CeriGlass

I actually got my GG last month so I'm assuming it's the latest version. It's been patiently sitting in the basement with my pads, compound, polishes, etc waiting for consistently nicer weather. I may end up trying the Lake Country and the Griot's glass pads and post my findings later.

Post Thanks / Like

just ordered ceriglass, diamondite glass clay and (3)-4" ht cyan pads, i have a PC 7424xp but im thinking ill run to harbor freight and pick up a rotary to try to buff the glass with, i have a couple sm arnold 4" tuffbuff wool pads and some 4" lc orange cutting pads, and by reading this it looks like it will just be a lot of testing to see which works best, awesome review though but after a lot of thinking im contemplating selling my pc 7424xp and maybe getting the makita BO6040, or keeping the pc and getting the makita because i cant resist lol

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cplchris View Post
    just ordered ceriglass, diamondite glass clay and (3)-4" ht cyan pads, i have a PC 7424xp but im thinking ill run to harbor freight and pick up a rotary to try to buff the glass with, i have a couple sm arnold 4" tuffbuff wool pads and some 4" lc orange cutting pads, and by reading this it looks like it will just be a lot of testing to see which works best, awesome review though but after a lot of thinking im contemplating selling my pc 7424xp and maybe getting the makita BO6040, or keeping the pc and getting the makita because i cant resist lol
    You will need a rotary, I tried using my PC7424 with Ceriglass and a LC glass cutting pad and it did absolutely nothing to wiper scrapes in the glass. I was pretty shocked at the complete lack of results as you can't feel these surface scrapes with you fingernail at all and they don't look deep yet after putting the PC on full speed, pressing down firmly, and using the glass cutting pad and ceriglass and some spritzing with water it made no difference whatsover when doing a 50/50 and started making things worse with adding its own marring. I then tried a yellow cutting pad and a tangerine pad on full speed and it made no difference. It heated the glass up to where it started steaming a little when I wiped the residue off with a damp rag which scared me a little and I gave up after that, it was not meant to be. Not sure if a rotary or power drill would work on my windshield as there was zero results with the cutting pad and Ceriglass with the PC, don't know if I want to end up heating my windshield up more and causing damage.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567