autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

XMT Gel Shampoo review and grades

First off I want to thank Nick and AG for sending this to me and allowing me to give my honest review.

Secondly, I know this is a bit late but I don't like to use a product just one to give a review. I rather multi uses to give an honest feeedback while getting a chance to know the product.

3rd with so many shampoo reviews, I won't bore you with pictures of suds in a bucket and a dirty/clean car. WE ALL KNOW how to use a shampoo, if not you shouldn't be reading this!

I have about 25 car shampoos at my disposal so I think I have a good feeling for what to expect out of a quality shampoo and if it meets the manufacturers claims of it's performance.

TO THE GOOD STUFF: This is the best shampoo PBMG has in their line up.

The following catagories are my opinion of how the shampoo faired out in the specific area on a scale of one to ten.

Cleaning ability: 10 One of the best for removing road grime, tar bugs and standard filth.

Lubricity: 8 Very good lubricity. I have used slicker bet this is still way above average.

Rinseability: 9. Once the hose floods, it leaves even in the hidden areas shampoo free with ease!

Sudsing: 9 Not overly sudsy or under sudsy. So thats for u to decide if you like a lot or little. I found it to be perfectly balanced. Lasted each and every wash thru the entire process.

Gloss enhancing: 6-8 I only washed one vehicle that didn't have a fresh coat of LSP. It did enhance the gloss a bit and it was evident. This is a very subjective catagory hence why it is kinda open but this does add gloss better than most shampoos.

Directions: 3 Says use 1-2oz per wash. I used 2oz per 4 gallons of water for my tests and it worked great. I would like to see more descriptive info here. Say Xoz per gallon.

Price: 2 12.99 for 12oz of product is a bit high in my eyes. That is $2.17 per wash if used at 2oz per 4 gallon wash like I did. A sale of buying it on BOGO will certainly reduce this number!

OVERALL GRADE: 8 If the cost was down, this would have gotten a 9-9.5 IMO!

I think this is a great shampoo with a subtile enjoyable clean scent. It is also flourescent yellow and looks really cool as you are pouring it into the wash water. PBMG's best shampoo IMO. I wish the price was a bit better per wash but if you are pampering your baby, does cost matter?????

Thanks for reading, Jim

Any questions or comments welcome and thanks again, Nick!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT Gel Shampoo review and grades

Awesome review Jim. I can't wait to try this stuff out myself. Sadly, I have over a half a gallon of the old formula left. I might get through that in the next year...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    Awesome review Jim. I can't wait to try this stuff out myself. Sadly, I have over a half a gallon of the old formula left. I might get through that in the next year...

Hey Ted! Haven't seen you around in a while! Unfortunately the old version is one of the few shampoos that I can not compare it to because I have never tried it. Thanks for the kind words!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used Dodo Supernatural shampoo? And if so, how does this compare? Supernatural is hands down my favorite shampoo, so I was wondering if I would be missing anything with regards to XMT?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Have you used Dodo Supernatural shampoo? And if so, how does this compare? Supernatural is hands down my favorite shampoo, so I was wondering if I would be missing anything with regards to XMT?
    I have use SN shampoo many times. SN doesn't have any gloss enhancing properties unlike the XMT Shampoo. Other wise they are very close with SN having an advantage in the price per wash department and also SN has the very cool pump. The XMT is a just a tiny bit slicker but both clean exceptionally well. You can't go wrong with either and I would say to add or not to add gloss enhancing ability would be the key in deciding which one to choose.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jim, clear, concise, easy to read, and I like the way you rated the important points from the users perspective.

I think the cost of this product is a bit over the top considered the price per wash as you pointed out. Buy one get one certainly helps in this situation but when you compare this to products like Meguiar's, Duragloss, and Mothers this really detracts from it's appeal...

I'll give your review a 10.0............

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Great review..!...but $2.17 per wash.....ahhhhh, I might (and that's a big might) consider it on BOGO, or hopefully get it as a gift...

I do love one thing you did in your review...you spared us needless pictures of you measuring out the stuff, then showing you pouring it in the bucket, then showing the foam in the bucket, then showing pics of you dipping your mitt in the bucket, etc, etc....some will disagree but I find too many pictures of obvious things rather annoying, and you only showed us what was helpful to the review without making me skip half of it to just get to the conclusion part...which I find myself doing more and more lately.

Just sayin...again, very well done!
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Jim! I agree with you on pretty much all your points!!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review Jim!! The car soap King!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have use SN shampoo many times. SN doesn't have any gloss enhancing properties unlike the XMT Shampoo. Other wise they are very close with SN having an advantage in the price per wash department and also SN has the very cool pump. The XMT is a just a tiny bit slicker but both clean exceptionally well. You can't go wrong with either and I would say to add or not to add gloss enhancing ability would be the key in deciding which one to choose.
    Thanks for the input . That's what I had figured, I just wanted to make sure. Nice job with the review btw. I liked how direct and to the point it was.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast