autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Endurance Tire Spray

Here goes my first official product review post!

I was almost out of Armor All Tire Foam, so when shopping at Wally World for motor oil (no one sells oil for less) I looked to pick up another can. They were out, and on an impulse I bought the Meguiars Endurance Tire Spray which is available here at Autogeek. I use Armor All Tire Foam when I am lazy, and from a tip from someone on this forum, its great for spraying on the plastic under the wheel wells.

Back to Endurance Tire Spray. This product comes in a trigger spray, as well as a spray can, and a gel. Meguiars advertises this product as a longer lasting tire dressing with a high gloss.

Prior to todays application, the only products I have ever used on tires is basic Armor All and Armor All Tire Foam. I tend to prefer the not so in your face satin look of regular Armor All. Unfortunately, it does not last through one drive in the rain at all.

In prepping my tires, I sprayed them down with Bleche White Tire Cleaner (the only tire cleaner I had) to remove any residual previous tire dressing. Once they were clean, they had that worn dull look to them that undressed tires have.

The directions state to either spray directly onto the tire or onto an applicator. I chose to apply it via an applicator, a foam curved Eagle One tire dressing applicator. I sprayed the product onto the applicator and the first thing I noticed is it smells like grape. Yummy (I do not recommending spraying this product into your mouth or licking the tire, despite the fact it smells like it would taste great). After saturating the applicator I began to wipe down the tires. The product has a purple tint to it and goes on the tire looking purple. I did all 4 tires and let the product dry. The directions state to reapply after 10 minutes for a higher gloss. I did exactly that.

Here are my findings. First off, two applications of this product produces a satin finish, hardly glossy. The pictures probably dont show that well, but the best way to describe the look is how a brand new tire looks before it gets dirty. The feel of the product on the tire is much different than anything I had experienced before. Where both of the Armor All products I have used tend to have a residue that you can wipe off, sort of an oily feeling, once this product dried it felt more like a sealant or coating. When I wiped the tire with my finger, nothing came off. It was dry. Perhaps this difference in chemical make up is where the longer lasting will come from.

There is no possibly way this dressing could have any "sling" as there is nothing on the tire to "sling". The directions state to wipe off any excess from rims. I could clearly see where I had gotten product on my wheels, and it took a damp rag to wipe off that residue, but it came off easy.

As far as application, well from one to ten I would give it a 7 seeing as it takes more than just a wipe of excess to get excess off.

As far as gloss, well there isnt any. Maybe multiple applications will add to the shine, but two applications leave only a satin finish (which is fine by me as thats what I prefer, but hardly what the product advertises). I did saturate the foam pretty well, so I am not sure if spraying direction onto the tire would have produced different results.

As far as endurance, well time will tell on that one, and with little rain in the forcast in South Florida, I might not to truly get a chance to test it immediately.

As of right now, I cant say if I would buy this product again, but it is fun to try new things.

I hope someone out there finds this helpful and enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review!

This has been my go to dressing for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Endurance Tire Spray

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post

This has been my go to dressing for a long time.

It looks great and in my experience, it has lasted quite a while. I find it easy to get the gloss in one application though.

I prefer the gel more over the spray. My only problem with the spray version was that the nozzle flew off once and pretty much made spraying it on the tire difficult after that. So, I just sprayed it on an applicator.

Still, a good review.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the spray and now only use the gel. The gel will produce a high gloss shine. However, the last time I used the gel, I did not wipe off the excess. I had plenty of sling off. So now I always wipe off the excess.

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff is great...lasts a very long time and provides a nice, classy look.

Post Thanks / Like

Aerosol spray dressing is my favorite.I currently use Meguiar's Hot Shine spray and wipe in with a "no mess" foam applicator and I find that it gives that same Satin like finish.Good write up,I look forward to trying the endurance stuff when my stock is out.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review...thanks for sharing with us. I used to use this when it first hit the market.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. I use the gel version and it does give the tires a gloss finish. I like it a lot but I would like to try the spray next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Tire looks great.
    I forgot I had a can of this sitting in the back of my tire dressing shelf.I'll have to start using it again,especially heavy ribbed sidewalls.

Thank you for posting
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

I used the aerosol version and it can spit and is quite glossy with just one coat, which version were you using ???

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast