autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Optimum GPS

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Another outstanding review Corey, thanks again for putting so much time into it!
    Thanks Tad!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Nice review. I will need to review it more tonight. I am glad you think the sprayable stuff is not a gimmick.

It would be interesting to continue a trend here since you have a set test car to evaluates polishes by using comparing results against various sanded patches (3000, 2500, 2000). This way you can now compare another polish later using the same paint
    Good idea and point Al. I always appreciate your comments and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    Corey-

Thank you for your time and effort in putting together this review. I am very glad that you got a bottle of GPS to play with

First, an important question that has gone unasked, what are you listening to while detailing? This could explain your consistently fantastic results

The GPS spray looks fantastic, as a big Poli-Seal fan, I can't wait to get through my current stash and order some GPS to start using. The sprayers look like they have gotten a lot better and have less over-spray issues.

Did GPS feel grabby at all on the rotary? I have found a few paints that are a bit sticky/gummy with PS on the rotary so I wondered if you got any feel on that.

Sky is looking good, glad she had a chance to stretch her legs a bit. Oh and I am seriously jealous you are still wearing short sleeves.
    Thanks Bill! Your comments and thoughts are appreciated.

As far as on the iPod I believe at that particular time it was either Black Eyed Peas, Skillet, or U2. There was a couple others I was shuffling between but I feel uncomfortable revealing those artists as part of my playlist in public. J/k (kind of)

To be honest I didn't really take the time I should of to get a as good a feel for it as I should have in the rotary. Once the sun popped up I was just thinking let me get it on for the durability test.

Sky drive, Yes! It was great to see the clouds part and get good run in. Incredibly she hadn't made it out yet in the first three days off so if I hadn't made it out Sunday it would have been a real American tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Every time I see a SKY I think of you lol
    Thank you! I'll tell Sky

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Corey another great review on the GPS and your post prompted me to write my first mini review today.
    Thank you and congratulations!!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    Great review, and even better getting it up so quickly! Looks like a great product - definitely interested in the durability results.
    Thank you Francis, I was happy I was able to get it up quickly. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted at least biweekly on durability.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey! I have some GPS that I won on it's way and can't wait to try it out. I'm really impressed with your review and didn't expect it to do so well removing sanding marks.

Now you have me wondering though about the glaze portion of the product. Since it's part glaze it has to have some sort of fillers in it. Did you happen to do an IPA wipe down after you were done to inspect? I know this defeats the purpose since the GPS seals the paint as well and you wouldn't typically do this. I'm just curious to see if maybe the glaze fills in any imperfections in the paint.

I plan on running it through it's paces when I get it. My girlfriends Equinox is a mess and needs a good polish. Plus it's black so I should be able to get some good shots and have plenty of area to run it though some tests.

Post Thanks / Like

As usual Corey another awesome review!

I just received my GPS and I am curious what the cure time is before it can be topped?
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason!! I skipped the glaze testing (IPA check) in the interest of getting this review up and still having some relax time this weekend.

I look forward to your experiences as well.

Thanks Buddy!! I'm not positive on that so will refrain from commenting until I hear back from Dr. G or Chris. I asked them this am.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    As usual Corey another awesome review!

I just received my GPS and I am curious what the cure time is before it can be topped?
    Me:
    Chris or David, if someone would like to top GPS with a wax or sealant should they wait for some time? How long does it take for the GPS to cure? Can both waxes and sealants be used? Will the solvents in some of them remove the GPS? Will a wax or sealant bond to the top of it or would a sealant lift the gps and seal between it and the paint?

Chris Thomas:
    If using Optimum Products you can top after an hour as the polymers work well together. GPS should fully cross link withing 12 hours. Ours can, I haven't tested others. The carriers in OCW and OOS will not remove the protection if used per directions. With excessive wiping and pressure it is possible that some would be removed. Opti Seal will float the waxes to the top and position under them, but GPS also has a very similar sealant portion to OOS that won't move...but just become part of the OOS layer.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Cee Dog, nice review, that's why I ordered a gallon from AG.
    Have you try the hyper spray polish and compound?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Me:
    Chris or David, if someone would like to top GPS with a wax or sealant should they wait for some time? How long does it take for the GPS to cure? Can both waxes and sealants be used? Will the solvents in some of them remove the GPS? Will a wax or sealant bond to the top of it or would a sealant lift the gps and seal between it and the paint?

Chris Thomas:
    If using Optimum Products you can top after an hour as the polymers work well together. GPS should fully cross link withing 12 hours. Ours can, I haven't tested others. The carriers in OCW and OOS will not remove the protection if used per directions. With excessive wiping and pressure it is possible that some would be removed. Opti Seal will float the waxes to the top and position under them, but GPS also has a very similar sealant portion to OOS that won't move...but just become part of the OOS layer.
    Excellent, thank you very much for taking the time to research this Corey.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Corey, and glad you let SkyBaby out for a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
    Cee Dog, nice review, that's why I ordered a gallon from AG.

Have you try the hyper spray polish and compound?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Audi X2 View Post
    Excellent, thank you very much for taking the time to research this Corey.
    My pleasure :nod:

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Nice review Corey, and glad you let SkyBaby out for a bit.

Thank you Meghan! Always a pleasure to hear (see) your voice!

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast