autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro Iron X

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    From.what I have read from, I think pipuk, it is the silver that is added as a buffer to keep it stable in the bottle

I wonder why the new DUB product smells so much better?

I have not had any filthy wheels to try it on yet. It is getting god reviews and its cheap

Sorry, I missed this. I don't think it was me you are thinking of, I wasn't aware of there being any silver or silver compound present...

I haven't seen an MSDS, nor have I tested the DUB product. Looking at the sheet for another one of Megs bleeding products (hot rims), the composition information indicates they use a slightly safer ingredient than Carpro, one which (in my experience) also smells better. In terms of content, they claim 10-40% so it could be as strong as IX but the physical data they provide indicates that it must be right at the bottom of that range so it is probably much less strong then IX. That is, of course, assuming that Megs haven't made a mess when quoting their product density on the SDS.

If you have an MSDS for the DUB product (I can't see one online), I'll look and might be able to tell you more about the difference in smell. That said, Carpro removed data sheets (seems an odd move!) quite some time ago so we have no idea how much the product has changed technically, in the last few years. They have certainly been through 2 new versions since they last released a data sheet online so I could be being unfair to Megs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    *BUMP* I have a question, I'm teetering on ordering this, was wondering if anyone has used it in a Kwazar pump sprayer with a foaming tip? I have the sprayer in my cart on another site, getting it to use with Iron X. I'm curious if the $10 foaming tip add-on is worth it here.
    Be sure to check if the Kwazar sprayer doesn't have any metal parts that can be attacked by IronX.

The foaming tip will be useless for the job at hand.

Post Thanks / Like

It does suds up to a slight extent if you spread with a damp grout sponge, but it's fairly clingy as it is so the foaming tip is unnecessary.
    Francesco

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456