autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro Reload

Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use a rinseless wash like blackfire/DP/Optimum as a water conditioner to add lubricity in your normal wash bucket (A regular wash with regular auto shampoo and an ounce or two of rinseless wash thrown in) and then use Reload on the car or will the reload not stick because the rinseless washes had polymers/lubricants etc in them. (I want to use the reload over my opti-guarded car)
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRXINXS View Post
    Can you use a rinseless wash like blackfire/DP/Optimum as a water conditioner to add lubricity in your normal wash bucket (A regular wash with regular auto shampoo and an ounce or two of rinseless wash thrown in) and then use Reload on the car or will the reload not stick because the rinseless washes had polymers/lubricants etc in them. (I want to use the reload over my opti-guarded car)
    regarding your first question about adding rinseless wash solution to your wash bucket.. yes, you can do it, but it absolutely kills the suds and the lathery feeling of your shampoo. Everytime I have tested this, it usually always makes the shampoo mixture less effective IME. So i personally avoid mixing the two. Try Optimum carwash at the instructed dilution on the bottle 1oz/1gallon, and you will end up with a super safe, super slippery/, extremely effective lather that i personally think cant be beat.

you can use reload over opti-gaurd. It actually works great with opti-coatings. you just have to be careful not to overuse reload. a little bit spreads extremely far. its more oily than other spray wax's so its important not to drench a panel and having a few extra MF's on hand will help. Because of how thick/oily reload is I prefer to put it into a 4oz pump sprayer to apply it instead of the big headed sprayer bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    regarding your first question about adding rinseless wash solution to your wash bucket.. yes, you can do it, but it absolutely kills the suds and the lathery feeling of your shampoo. Everytime I have tested this, it usually always makes the shampoo mixture less effective IME. So i personally avoid mixing the two. Try Optimum carwash at the instructed dilution on the bottle 1oz/1gallon, and you will end up with a super safe, super slippery/, extremely effective lather that i personally think cant be beat.

you can use reload over opti-gaurd. It actually works great with opti-coatings. you just have to be careful not to overuse reload. a little bit spreads extremely far. its more oily than other spray wax's so its important not to drench a panel and having a few extra MF's on hand will help. Because of how thick/oily reload is I prefer to put it into a 4oz pump sprayer to apply it instead of the big headed sprayer bottle.
    I agree it's a suds killer. However, if you suffer from hard water, an ounce or less will help in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I agree it's a suds killer. However, if you suffer from hard water, an ounce or less will help in that regard.
    For that regard I would agree. But I see a lot of posts about using it to add lubricity instead of to soften water. And I personally think it doesnt help if your using it for anything other than to soften water. It kind of kills not only the suds, but most other good attributes of a shampoo mixture. Thats my personal experience though, I understand others might have different experiences.

otherwise i think it works amazingly well for a regular rinseless wash. As 9 out of 10 of my wash's now are rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think the reload will stick though if I use some rinseless wash in my bucket? My thought is that the lubricants/polymers in the rinseless wash might interfere with the reload layered on the opti-coat.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey, going to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Corey. I am planning to try reload as a stand alone LSP after having tried traditional sealants and waxes that do not help with the huge amount of dust we have in India. I was planning on going with UPGP but after reading your review, reload makes more sense. I had no idea that reload could be used as a stand alone without C Quartz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you sir!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Thanks for the review and also the application steps.

Im going to detail a car this weekend which has two of its doors repainted 2 weeks back. Its a 9 year old black car.

I was wondering if I could use Reload safely on the freshly repainted doors, or should I just correct the paint and let it be for a few months?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast