autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Migliore Primo

I would like Todd and ACC for having this product in a give away and fortunately I was the lucky winner.

Description from the AG page: Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax is a premium wax blend made with nearly 50% carnauba wax per jar. It's the "best of the best" concours-style wax. Migliore Primo is formulated for those who demand absolute perfection and a paint finish that is dripping with gloss.

Migliore's unique blending process enables Primo Wax to contain a phenomenal amount of carnauba, yet remain workable. The high carnauba wax content gives Migliore Primo excellent protective properties and a clear, reflective finish. It dries completely clear and enhances all colors of paint with its sensational shine.

Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax is a true wax with no cleaning properties. For the ultimate finish, the paint should be perfectly clean and swirl-free. Use detailing clay and polish before waxing, if you have never done so or haven't done so in some time.

Once the stage has been set, apply Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax in a thin coat using a foam applicator. It helps to rub the top of the wax in the jar until it warms up. Wipe off with a microfiber towel. If necessary, mist the paint with Migliore Endurance Quick Detailer to make removal easier where the wax has been applied heavily.

Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax was designed to compete among the world's best show car waxes. It definitely stacks up!

8 oz.

Price $99

Scent: Orange and rather pleasant

So I decided to try this on my truck. Paint was clayed and prepped with Dodo Lime Prime Lite to remove any old wax and contaminations. First thing I noticed was how small the can was for the claimed 8oz. this is a red CCS applicator:

Secondly because of the rolled lip on the inside of the can, the wax will not come out of the can for those who like to do so for machine application.

Application done by hand: This is a very different style wax to apply. I will fast forward to what worked for me thru some trial and error: The wax is very hard and doesn't transfer to the applicator very easy. So I kept the can in my pocket for about ten mins to get it warmer and help soften it up a bit to aid in the process. I also found that it helped to have a damp applicator to aid in the application process. I ran it under the tap and rung it out and did this a few times thru the entire process. Primo does require some elbow grease to apply but for the most part it it does spread very thinly. I couldn't find official instructions on how long to let this product sit on the paintwork. Thru trial and error, I found that doing a panel or two then removing worked best.

Product applied thinly and kinda hard to get a good photo:

Removal also requires a bit of elbow grease. I used Cobra Indigo towels for remova due to it's tight weaves which worked well for cutting thru the wax. Small circular motions worked well for removal but patience is a definate requirement. You do not have to buff off hard at all but taking tiny swipes with each circular motion makes it a bareable process. If you try to grab too much, the towel will grab from underneath you. This wax also cakes up the towel quickly, so have a few on hand for best results. I noticed absolutely zero streaking which was a pleasant suprise.

Results: For what I would consider a traditional nuba wax and some elbow grease in the application and removal process, this is one of the best looking waxes that I have used! It has a very deep shimmering gloss that is just about undescribeable. After being a bit discouraged with with it being a harder to work with than other waxes I have, I am just thrilled with the results. This is a true nuba look. For those looking to slap some wax on, this most likely isn't a product for you. For those looking to pamper their baby or a special clients car, this is definately something to consider. I would also expect this wax to have some pretty good durability.

A few after pics. These pics are from my iPhone and are not the best quality nor do I claim to be a photographer by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks for looking!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Migliore Primo

Excellent review Doc!! :rockon. Thanks for an honest and credible review that covers all the bases.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't a 97 Corvette win?

Originally Posted by Driwash View Post
    That was fast, I came home to find a package from autogeek. Nick told me I would have it by Monday, and AG and crew always live up to it.
    Here is a picture of the Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax I won last week from AG.

I hope to use it for the first time this coming weekend.

Nick added to the package, a ccs applicator.

Thanks Nick and AG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    Didn't a 97 Corvette win?

Originally Posted by Driwash View Post
    That was fast, I came home to find a package from autogeek. Nick told me I would have it by Monday, and AG and crew always live up to it.
    Here is a picture of the Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax I won last week from AG.

I hope to use it for the first time this coming weekend.

Nick added to the package, a ccs applicator.

Thanks Nick and AG

If you check out my first sentence, you'll see that I won it over at ACC! Thanks for you reply!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    If you check out my first sentence, you'll see that I won it over at ACC! Thanks for you reply!
    Oh my bad, I didn't know what ACC was, I thought that was someone's forum members name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    Oh my bad, I didn't know what ACC was, I thought that was someone's forum members name.

LOL! All good buddy!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Doc...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim,

Congratulations on being the winner!!

I've read a few comments that talk about Migliore Primo and all seem pretty positive. This wax seems to be a more traditional old world paste wax which requires allot more work to apply and remove. One of the first things I noticed was the shape and style of the can so if application with a dual action polisher was used scooping it out would be the only way.

I like the reflection shots and and it looks like a great product. Your cautionary comments regarding application and removal of the wax should be taken seriously. The traditional or old world waxes are allot of work and some may become discouraged early on. Instead of waxing the entire vehicle in one sitting, like you, I would recommend that some do a few panels one day and a few the next until it's finished.

Great writeup and outstanding results!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Doc! Now there is another wax calling my name...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I remember it some time ago when it came in a glass container. It did look nice but indeed needed some work to remove it.

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast