autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro PERL

As always Corey top notch review.....durability is the question and like Mark the 1:1 looks to my taste. Another product to put in the shop to try for myself!

Thanks for your time on this review Corey,as always it was pleasure and informative to read!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another great review.

I was surprised you polished the window seals with a flex, ht pad, and nanopolish. Did you use the edge of the pad to polish? Did you tape off the paint first? The results on the seals look amazing.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Another brilliant review! Avi make more PERL cause after this review your sales are going to take a quantum leap! Meghan stock up!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Super Member ObsessiveAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have actually found a GREAT use for PERL... I use it on all my polymer framed handguns. It dries completely and is not the LEAST bit slippery and does not interfere with gripping or handling the gun. It makes it look GREAT!
    Josh Bachman
    Obsessive Auto & Marine Detail
    www.obsessiveautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

What is Duragloss Nano Polish?

Post Thanks / Like

the real question would be whether AG has the updated PERL formula in stock . ? anyone know FOR SURE ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    Thanks so much for the offer but don't go washing a perfectly dressed tire to satisfy my curiosity. I've got a bit of stuff to use up before I'm ready to order more anyhow.

How about I post a pic of my tire with DP gloss gel on it and you create an artificial 50/50? haha
    LOL Tim! Well, it would be nice to have a DP vs PERL durability going as well since DP was my favorite tire gel. Thank you though! I won't feel pressured now but will get it up asap.

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    As always Corey top notch review.....durability is the question and like Mark the 1:1 looks to my taste. Another product to put in the shop to try for myself!

Thanks for your time on this review Corey,as always it was pleasure and informative to read!
    Thank you Tim!! I did get a big rainstorm today so the durability test has started and I had to drive home with the roads still wet so the tires getting tested already. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Yet another great review.

I was surprised you polished the window seals with a flex, ht pad, and nanopolish. Did you use the edge of the pad to polish? Did you tape off the paint first? The results on the seals look amazing.
    Thank you Al, Yes, thats exactly what I did. I used the edge of the pad. I applied little dots of polish directly to the surface. I did not tape off the paint. Thank you, I was very excited about the results and so was the owner as it had been a thorn in her side.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Another brilliant review! Avi make more PERL cause after this review your sales are going to take a quantum leap! Meghan stock up!
    Thank Jim!!

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessiveAutoDetail View Post
    I have actually found a GREAT use for PERL... I use it on all my polymer framed handguns. It dries completely and is not the LEAST bit slippery and does not interfere with gripping or handling the gun. It makes it look GREAT!
    Nice innovation!! Cool idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    What is Duragloss Nano Polish?
    It is a nano scale cleaner/sealant that is in beta stage. At this time we don't know if it will or won't come to market. Looking forward to finding out though. I used poliseal in the same way before with good results as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    the real question would be whether AG has the updated PERL formula in stock . ? anyone know FOR SURE ?
    I am not absolutely positive but I thought I was until you asked the question... I was pretty sure it was the upgraded product. I will contact CarPro tommorrow and get back to you before the day is through.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    Yes , 100% sure , its on the market for more than 2 months now.
    Cee dog just refere this to the first perl we made long time ago.
    layering the first version will give that effect as well.
    Perl is more hydrophobic now , as you see in 1 of his pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, thank you for such an in depth review. I'm sure you have saved people plenty of money and have made AG plenty with your reviews; you have to be one of their favorite members. Were the seals you polished more of a hard plastic or rubber. Also do you know if there was any streaking onto the paint from the exterior trim after the rain? My F150 has dead rubber seals and plenty of exterior trim that needs to be treated but streaking down the sides of the bed looks like crap after a rain storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Corey, thank you for such an in depth review. I'm sure you have saved people plenty of money and have made AG plenty with your reviews; you have to be one of their favorite members. Were the seals you polished more of a hard plastic or rubber. Also do you know if there was any streaking onto the paint from the exterior trim after the rain? My F150 has dead rubber seals and plenty of exterior trim that needs to be treated but streaking down the sides of the bed looks like crap after a rain storm.

My pleasure, thank you!

I thought they were rubber but after polishing them they felt more plastic than I thought. Honestly I can't be sure but will examine them further.

I haven't seen any streaking on paint yet. I looked at that van again a week later and there was not any streaking on the paint.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast