autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    opie_7afe

Re: Review: CarPro PERL

nice review and now you have shown to me how simple it is to clean these window seals. have been looking for a method forever and found one thanks to you! and that perl looks very nice. might need to order some of that..

Post Thanks / Like

PERL is one of my favorite dressings right now. I like it worlds more than 303. I will have to try layering it on wheels. Looks ok with just one layer. Durability is similar to 303, IME.

I'm very glad you posted a review of this Corey. Now I feel I don't have too!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Corey.

Very thorough as always.

Thanks.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing review Corey !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Another great Review Corey!!!

Post Thanks / Like

very nice Corey

how would you rate the blackness level of DP gloss gel (buffed) vs 2 layers of PERL?

I've also tried the WG and 303 and like the blackness I get from DP best so far. Too glossy unless buffed but the blackness goes well with my black car I find.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for their comments and taking the time to read this review.

Quote Originally Posted by panthercz View Post
    Great write-up as always!

I have both PERL and UTTG and like both but need to experiment more with both. One thing I notice, is it seems that UTTG tends to attract dust. Anyone else notice this?

I'm very curious how the layering will affect the durability of PERL!
    Thank you!

I notice the exact opposite with dust on UTTG. Never had a problem however Bill, Dave, Doc, and others have all said the same thing as you about UTTG and dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Bella rocks.... Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know it Jim!! I knew I had to get her some more work in the reviews for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post

Dog

I think it's way too shiny un-diluted, but at 1:1 it looks a lot better. No where near my preference for Tyromania(on tires), though.

I REALLY like the fact that it initially darkens trim more than UTTG, but I doubt it will hold up as long. If it does, I will buy this product for trim alone.

Phenomenal review, bud!
    Thanks Mark!! When I saw that shine I said Mark has got to see this!!

Yes, it's all about durability now. I love the looks and will be using the product but the durability will decide how much I can use it on cars that live outside.

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    nice review and now you have shown to me how simple it is to clean these window seals. have been looking for a method forever and found one thanks to you! and that perl looks very nice. might need to order some of that..
    Excellent Opie! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    PERL is one of my favorite dressings right now. I like it worlds more than 303. I will have to try layering it on wheels. Looks ok with just one layer. Durability is similar to 303, IME.

I'm very glad you posted a review of this Corey. Now I feel I don't have too!
    Ted, do 3 layers with at least 30 minutes in between and prepare yourself...
    Yes, I was really happy with the looks of just one layer. Looks amazing on its own. Only reason I tried layers was for durability but the look really stepped up each time!

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    very nice Corey

how would you rate the blackness level of DP gloss gel (buffed) vs 2 layers of PERL?

I've also tried the WG and 303 and like the blackness I get from DP best so far. Too glossy unless buffed but the blackness goes well with my black car I find.
    I was actually meaning to do a tire with DP next to PERL as well and just got so carried away before I got to that that I didn't end up doing it. The way that tire looks with 3 layers in real life is just like it does in the picture. It really is the blackest thing I've ever seen with no question. The picture was not modified in any way. While being extremely black it doesn't have that greasy look you get from some. DP was actually my favorite tire product until this came along. If you look in the picture you can see that blue. thats the reflection of the blue label tape in the PERL. I'll tell you what. I'll wash a new tire real good this weekend and re-dress it with PERL on one side and DP on the other and post it for you. PM me to remind if its not up by sunday night.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here is my first post. First off thank you for another great review. I have used 303 for years and use it on my convertible top. Can PERL be used on convertible tops? What about UTTG? I have enough 303 to last me the rest of this year but will switching to one of the new products next order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mlc40 View Post
    Ok, here is my first post. First off thank you for another great review. I have used 303 for years and use it on my convertible top. Can PERL be used on convertible tops? What about UTTG? I have enough 303 to last me the rest of this year but will switching to one of the new products next order.
    Welcome! It's a pleasure to have you. Thank you.
    Yes, UTTG and PERL can both be used on convertible vinyl tops. PERL would be diluted 1:1 and then sprayed on thin and spread and wiped off. As I mentioned in the review layering with PERL is designed to add longevity so if that holds true in the real world and you decide on PERL then I would try adding another layer after the first is dry (again 1:1).
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I'll tell you what. I'll wash a new tire real good this weekend and re-dress it with PERL on one side and DP on the other and post it for you. PM me to remind if its not up by sunday night.
    Thanks so much for the offer but don't go washing a perfectly dressed tire to satisfy my curiosity. I've got a bit of stuff to use up before I'm ready to order more anyhow.

How about I post a pic of my tire with DP gloss gel on it and you create an artificial 50/50? haha
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast