autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of my thoughts on the Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL

The first video is of some of my general thoughts about the system.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=903HND6ta9A]‪My thoughts on the Dr Colorchip paint chip repair system‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

This video is of some after thoughts and some pro tips that came to mind after using the system and talking with the owners.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBE0kt4Cv0]‪Pro Tips on the Dr Colorchip paint chip repair system‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

Thanks for watching. I hope this helps.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some of my thoughts on the Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL

Wow. Nice review Garry. You addressed a lot of the things I had been wondering about concerning Dr. Colorchip. Especially about how much it actually fills.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some of my thoughts on the Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
    Wow. Nice review Garry. You addressed a lot of the things I had been wondering about concerning Dr. Colorchip. Especially about how much it actually fills.
    Thanks Ted. After my review video I had lots of thoughts that I had to record. Glad I could help.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Good to here that they have good customer service. This is worth a few extra $ in the end
    Wny Personal Profressional Detailer

http://v3autodetailing.com/v3autodet...m/Welcome.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by V3AutoDetailing View Post
    Good to here that they have good customer service. This is worth a few extra $ in the end
    I agree. Top notch.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

oooooooooooh ok so it DOESNT get rid of the chip, its still there, its getting rid of the primer mark. ok so then i am doing it right then. i thought it was just filling the chip, rubbing the excess paint away and the paint that was there just comes right up and the chip reappears. ok i was mislead by all the reviews. i mean ya i couldnt see the chip much but i have straight black thats going to stick out like a sore thumb whether colored in or not i guess. thx for the videos and for clearing that up i appreciate that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    oooooooooooh ok so it DOESNT get rid of the chip, its still there, its getting rid of the primer mark. ok so then i am doing it right then. i thought it was just filling the chip, rubbing the excess paint away and the paint that was there just comes right up and the chip reappears. ok i was mislead by all the reviews. i mean ya i couldnt see the chip much but i have straight black thats going to stick out like a sore thumb whether colored in or not i guess. thx for the videos and for clearing that up i appreciate that.
    You are correct. It does not fill the entire chip.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

i didnt know that until you explained it. thanks for setting the bar straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice videos Garry. I too got excellent results with the kit. I didn't use the dab and smear method. I used the small fibre brush that was in the kit to apply to each chip and added more after about 30 min to those not completely filled. Waited about two hours and then removed with no paint lifting out of the chips. Also fixed some road rash by dipping the cloth in the paint and smearing over the area. Best kit I have ever tried. Must have repaired 60-80 chips. Easy peasy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ View Post
    Nice videos Garry. I too got excellent results with the kit. I didn't use the dab and smear method. I used the small fibre brush that was in the kit to apply to each chip and added more after about 30 min to those not completely filled. Waited about two hours and then removed with no paint lifting out of the chips. Also fixed some road rash by dipping the cloth in the paint and smearing over the area. Best kit I have ever tried. Must have repaired 60-80 chips. Easy peasy!
    Thanks!

On the store page on the Dr.Colorchip website they sell a brush for bigger rash.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast