autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PSA Review: Sam's Club MF Towels

Public Service Announcement!

Proforce MF Towels from Sams Club

First of all some members on this forum said they purchased MF from Costco and Sam's Club and how they are okay... Well went to Sam's and decided to purchase these as an all purpose towel for the hell of it. You know cleaning the wheels, door jams, interior, plastic, wheel arch and cleaning a pad on the fly. I didn't expect much from them and sure enough I was right to expect nothing.

Well I machine washed it with DP Microfiber Cleaner concentrated microfiber detergent and degreaser and than machine dried it with air.

Well I'm bored so I started to fold it...than I decided to do some CD Test. Well I couldn't believe my eyes...

So I decided to use the special value "junk indigo blue" on another CD to see if it did the same thing. Nope.

So I pull out the free Cobra towel I got with my purchase of OC (the add said it was supposed to be the gold but I got a grey one) and it left a huge mark...

That's from the ProForce towels... AWFUL and will never use near anything that has been PAINTED. Will probably use for the undercarriage only, unpainted areas, foam pads on the fly and to clean up around the house.

See the scratches at 12 and 9? It was from the free cobra towel I got with OC

The other tiny ones are from the ProForce. Just awful.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PSA Review: Sam's Club MF Towels

I didn't see any towels that you used that didn't scratch...

Post Thanks / Like

The special value indigo towels that AG had for sale a while ago I used on CD in picture two.

It was before I used the grey cobra towel and the ProForce on it.

It didn't scratch the CD, also I used The Cobra Miracle Towel is a 75/25 blend of imported microfiber. Its one of our softest detailing towels! on another towel with no scratching.
    Hello my name is Sean

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nice finds.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found some nice towels locally that are plush 70/30 that pass the CD test. I have been looking for these for a few years now. The price is right too at $10.99 for 4 towels. One day I went to all the local detail/auto body supply houses in the area and bought the minimum amount of towels that they would sell me. I came home with 5 different types and 3 of the 5 passed the CD test and don't scratch finished paint.

I can't wait to see the guys face when I go in asking for 2 dozen 4 packs.

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad about the Sam's towels. They're having a free guest admission to all their stores this weekend, with no 10% service charge on purchases for non-members, & I was going to buy a pack of their MF's. Guess I'll just go in to see what else they have that might be of interest. Thanks for the review Sean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    Public Service Announcement!

PROFORCE MF TOWELS

Well I'm bored so I started to fold it...than I decided to do some CD Test. Well I couldn't believe my eyes...

So I decided to use the special value "junk indigo blue" on another CD to see if it did the same thing. Nope. Just awful.
    ???????????????

I use these towels on everything including dark paints with no ill effects at all. If you drop any MF on the ground and pick up some grit it will scratch a CD.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post

PROFORCE MF TOWELS

First of all some members on this forum said they purchased MF from Costco and Sam's Club and how they are okay... Well went to Sam's and decided to purchase these as an all purpose towel for the hell of it. You know cleaning the wheels, door jams, interior, plastic, wheel arch and cleaning a pad on the fly. I didn't expect much from them and sure enough I was right to expect nothing.

Well I machine washed it with DP Microfiber Cleaner concentrated microfiber detergent and degreaser and than machine dried it with air.

So I decided to use the special value "junk indigo blue" on another CD to see if it did the same thing. Nope.

So I pull out the free Cobra towel I got with my purchase of OC (the add said it was supposed to be the gold but I got a grey one) and it left a huge mark...

That's from the ProForce towels... AWFUL and will never use near anything that has been PAINTED. Will probably use for the undercarriage only, unpainted areas, foam pads on the fly and to clean up around the house.

See the scratches at 12 and 9? It was from the free cobra towel I got with OC

The other tiny ones are from the ProForce. Just awful.

Someone else put me onto the Sam's ProForce Micro fiber towels as well. Here's my advise to you. Take it for what it's worth.

Better check your washer and dryer because you're getting foreign objects from somewhere.

Believe me, when I seen your post my reaction was, "Oh crap." I had bought them too, but not so fast. I think something happened during washing and drying. That's an assumption, of course.

I went and got two of my ProForce MF's to try the same test on my own. I tried them straight out of the bag, and both MF's on two seperate cd's. I even applied about 5-10lbs. (approx.)of pressure and could not replicate what you've shown pictured. Zero scratches, so I put my cd's back in the original box where they came from to be used later. Yehawww!!!

Zero issues here! Even with approximately 5-10 lbs. of (approx.) pressure I couldn't replicate those scratches. I don't ever plan on buffing with that much pressure. I'll check and see if my wife's phone has video with sound. If it does, and I can figure out how to upload it, I'll prove my findings.

Now, don't take my post the wrong way, I just think something happened to allow foreign matter into the micro-fiber.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I went to BJ's and they have the same type of bulk packaged MF Towels. I saw someone had opened the package up and pulled one of them slightly out to, I'm guessing, feel that towel. It was very thin and cheap feeling. I think they have a bulk package of terry cloths that I'd like to check out for cleaning pads on the fly.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

I used these towels right out of the bag on a black car that I had just finish polished and they made an absolute mess of the paint, tried them again after washing them and the same thing happened. I know it's not my washer because my DMTs and other towels don't have this problem. I tried cleaning glass with them and the linting was terrible before and after washing. I use them around the house with no problems though.

Just my experience with them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast