autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Review: Poorboy's World Natural Look

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This my first review so I hope you all enjoy it.

On the interior of my vehicle, a 2000 Toyota Celica GT, there are textured charcoal gray surfaces that are naturally flat, especially my dash. I have been researching products to use on these surfaces to add a little shine to complete the finished look of the rest of my vehicle. I wanted to add a little pop to my interior surfaces.

I found Natural Look because I am a big fan of Poorboy's World products and I liked that fact that it was water based and could be used on a number of different surfaces. A sample came in with my order today so I decided to do a review and see how the product looked on my surfaces.

The products I used:

Before applying the Natural Look, I would clean the surface with Meguiar's APC+ diluted at 10:1. I used the tape and Sharpie to outline and indicate where product was applied and used a cheap microfiber (yellow) to clean the surface and one of Griot's Garage's interior cloths to apply and buff the Natural Look.

Here is the dash section of my interior:

And here is the surface where the product will be applied and tested:

As you can see, it is a highly textured, flat surface:

I sprayed my yellow microfiber with APC+ 10:1 and thoroughly wiped and dried the surface to be dressed. The Natural Look says that it is a cleaner as well as a dressing, but I felt that it was best to start with a fresh surface:

After cleaning, I applied the Natural Look to one side of the dash surface and used 3M Blue Painter's Tape to seperate the two sections. One would have dressing and one would be left just clean and undressed. The instructions on the bottle say to spray the product on an applicator and spread on the surface, which I did with one side of my green microfiber, but I found that with the two ounce sprayer, it was easiest to spray directly on the surface because not much product was being distributed.

Natural Look has a smell that reminded me of cherry cough syrup. It has a very fluid consistency, not a gel or heavy dressing. It looks and has the same consistency as Griot's Garage Speed Shine. It left the cherry smell in my interior after application.

After applying the product, I waited approximately 30 seconds to buff, which is suggested on the bottle to enhance the gloss (no time limit given). The instructions also say that another coat could be applied to enhance the gloss so I took it a step further and divided the panel into three sections: clean and undressed, two coats of Natural Look and one coat of Natural Look:

The first coat left almost a satin finish and two coats definitely enhanced the gloss and gave me the sheen I have been looking for on my interior dash - not an overbearing shine, but enough to have a nice finish.

I really enjoyed using this product and I feel as if I could make this my go-to product for my interior and and the surfaces of client's vehicles, for my part-time business. Being such a versatile product (can be used on vinyl, rubber, plastic and more), it could cut down on the amount of products I use. It seems as if this is an already diluted and sold Meguiar's Hyper Dressing.

Although it is a liquid, it wasn't runny or difficult to apply and it also gave a nice, smooth feel to the surface after drying. This two ounce bottle for $5.99 goes a long way and provides for a chance to see if you like the product before purchasing a large quantity. I think that I might just be purchasing a bigger bottle though.

I also applied it to my tires and will post my impressions on that application and how it held up after a week of exposure.

Hope you enjoyed this review. Any feedback or comments would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Poorboy's World Natural Look

Nice review! I should have bought a bottle during the last BOGO. Sounds like two bottles will last quite a while. Good job!

Mark
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KSVT View Post
    Nice review! I should have bought a bottle during the last BOGO. Sounds like two bottles will last quite a while. Good job!

Mark
    Thanks, Mark! I regret not buying it on BOGO as well. A few sprays really go a long way here.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Natural Look and have been using it for years on my truck. Leave the perfect amount of gloss on the plastics. Not to shiny...not to matte..
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I have been using this - got this on BOGO - I LOVE THIS STUFF!

Post Thanks / Like

I think its funny how some people love a product and some people don't. I have tried this product and had terrible streaking. I just couldn't get it to work properly. I only used it the one time, but I can say that at this point I'm not a fan. Maybe I will try it again.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I love Natural Look and have been using it for years on my truck. Leave the perfect amount of gloss on the plastics. Not to shiny...not to matte..

And that's what I like. Just enought shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    I think its funny how some people love a product and some people don't. I have tried this product and had terrible streaking. I just couldn't get it to work properly. I only used it the one time, but I can say that at this point I'm not a fan. Maybe I will try it again.

Interesting. There was some initial streaking when I first applied the product, but after drying and buffing, the application area was smooth and streak free.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed review you put together.

I was actually thinking on giving this product a try, now, I will definitely check it out next time it's on BOGO.
    Accomplishment and success are often the result of commitment and perseverance rather than skill or talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Review..

I got the sample of this long time ago, a little goes a long way. Loved the way it looks an smells. So when it went on Bogo I jumped on it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast