autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Poorboy's World Natural Look

I have to agree that this is a nice product!

I picked up some NL during the BOGO and I think it's my new favorite tire dressing. The consistency makes application extremely easy (I've been using a foam brush) and a little goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!! I love the stuff and got it on BOGO. I gave one to my brother. He hasn't tried it yet but he loved the way it smelled in my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review. I have some PB's Leather Stuff but never used it on plastic trim. I may try a side by side with that now to see how it compares.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Excellent review. I have some PB's Leather Stuff but never used it on plastic trim. I may try a side by side with that now to see how it compares.
    Thanks! I have heard nice things about the Leather Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JRivers View Post
    Thanks for the detailed review you put together.

I was actually thinking on giving this product a try, now, I will definitely check it out next time it's on BOGO.
    Thank you! I hope you enjoy it. If you order, post your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    Great Review..

I got the sample of this long time ago, a little goes a long way. Loved the way it looks an smells. So when it went on Bogo I jumped on it..
    Thanks. A little definitely goes a long way. I like the smell, but it really isn't my favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflexion View Post
    I have to agree that this is a nice product!

I picked up some NL during the BOGO and I think it's my new favorite tire dressing. The consistency makes application extremely easy (I've been using a foam brush) and a little goes a long way.

I applied it to my tires at the same time I did the dash and will be posting my impressions on the tire application and it's durability. I really liked the look it produced - gave me a gloss, but it wasn't overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
    Great review!! I love the stuff and got it on BOGO. I gave one to my brother. He hasn't tried it yet but he loved the way it smelled in my car.
    Thanks! The smell definitely lingers for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a week since I completed my review of Poorboy's World Natural Look and not only did I use it on my interior, but I applied it to my tires to see how it would look and if it would hold up or not.

The tires had been cleaned hours before with Meguiar's APC+ diluted at 4:1. I applied one coat to each tire. I sprayed the product directly on the tire and used an Eagle One Tire Swipe to spread the product around the surface. Here is how my front tire on the driver's side looked immediately after application:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is the tire approximately an hour after application. At this time, the product dried to the touch, however, a slight greasiness could be felt.

Since last Thursday, the car had not been washed and was exposed to light soil and dust. It wasn't exposed directly to rain, however, I drove on wet roads. These photos were taken this morning a week after applying the Natural Look and before washing.

I rinsed the wheels and tires and you can see there is some nice beading on the tire. The tire wasn't exposed to any cleaners or chemicals as I had just rinsed them and used soap and water to clean my wheels.

I finished washing and drying and this was how the tire looked:

All in all, I was pretty impressed as to how this product fared out on the tires as it's not a dedicated tire dressing. The durability was OKAY and it's not a product I would apply every time on my daily driver. This seems good for garaged vehicles and show cars, for which durability is not an issue. I have been a fan of Wolfgang's Black Diamond Tire Gel for a long time and I will continue using that product on my tires, but my dash will be maintained with Natural Look.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried this on coated leather seats? Autogeek as this advertised as follows:

"Natural Look Dressing is formulated to soak into dry, brittle leather and vinyl and convert them into healthy, hydrated surfaces with a low-gloss finish, but completely dry to the touch."

It doesn't say that on the product description on Poorboy's website. Reason I am asking is I am debating between this and PB's Leather Stuff which I would assume is more for uncoated and aniline leather.

Post Thanks / Like

nice review ... very good product and priced right too !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by l0stnyc View Post
    Has anyone tried this on coated leather seats? Autogeek as this advertised as follows:

"Natural Look Dressing is formulated to soak into dry, brittle leather and vinyl and convert them into healthy, hydrated surfaces with a low-gloss finish, but completely dry to the touch."

It doesn't say that on the product description on Poorboy's website. Reason I am asking is I am debating between this and PB's Leather Stuff which I would assume is more for uncoated and aniline leather.

I've used it on my leather seats (black 2012 Altima 3.5SR). Applied it very sparingly...leave it on for 30 - 45 secs, then a light buff. Leaves a nice matte, satin finish (after the light buffing) I like it, although the scent can get a little overpowering the first 24 hours after applying. Going to compare it vs Blackfire Interior Protectant my next interior detail.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you may use it on coated leather seats (as most leather these days are coated)
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it on clean leather with good results and most plastic and vinyl. The key to avoid streaking and get the slight gloss/satin finish is a through wipe down. I usually let it dwell for about a minute then throughly wipe down the surface. On the label it says to spray product but I much prefer to pore from a flip top with a smallish hole.

Additionally one of my personal rides is a GM vehicle that has that charcoal(black/grayish) interior that never looks quite right to me with most protectants. PB WNL give just the right look!
    Last edited by stibuki; 10-01-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast