autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

I was in Bradenton, FL yesterday at the Premium Finish Care facility shooting some video for them when I go my hands on this product for the first time.

Immediately, I was amazed at how easily and well this clay bar alternative works.

I got some time yesterday to do some detailing on my work truck and shot a video review of the system. I accidentally turned the vivid option on on my camera so be ready for over bright colors. It was also shot in HD 720p.

Check out the video and share your thoughts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTgFU25Xac]‪Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System Review‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

Thanks for watching!
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Very nice video Gary. My thoughts are the same as yours about the incredible quality of the Ultima Products. however, my thoughts about the product are.

1. How does it leave dark colored paint such as black or dark reds?

2. Does it scratch the surface from the contaminates rolling around under it making it only good for use before correctiong paint?

3. Will it last as effectively as a clay bar would using one third of a bar each time claying a vehicle.

I am a believer in the Ultima line for sure and am sure I will try this product out as well as it really looks like a big time saver as are all Ultima products.

Thanks for sharing this with us. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

its about time

Post Thanks / Like

I notice that the "Cleaning Lubricant Gel" isn't sold individually (at least not on AG). However, the Elastrofoam foam block says it's good for up to 20 vehicles. How many vehicles would you guess can be cleaned using the one bottle that comes in this kit?

Hopefully you don't have to buy the entire kit each time you need more cleaning lubricant as that would make it not very cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Very nice video Gary. My thoughts are the same as yours about the incredible quality of the Ultima Products. however, my thoughts about the product are.

1. How does it leave dark colored paint such as black or dark reds?

2. Does it scratch the surface from the contaminates rolling around under it making it only good for use before correctiong paint?

3. Will it last as effectively as a clay bar would using one third of a bar each time claying a vehicle.

I am a believer in the Ultima line for sure and am sure I will try this product out as well as it really looks like a big time saver as are all Ultima products.

Thanks for sharing this with us. TD
    1.) I have only used it on two silver vehicles, but I will try it out on a black car tomorrow and let you know if any marring occurs.

2.) It seems to push them around versus grinding contamenants into the paint. If you think about it even clay will rub the contaminants it traps into the paint until you kneed it. The Gel packaged in the kit with the foam bar is very thick. PFC says the Elastrofoam works best with their Cleaning Lubricant Gel.

3.) It should last much longer than a large clay bar. It is washable and reuseable.

Per my conversations with the fine people at Premium Finish Care the Elastrofoam bar wont scratch the paint and should last a very long time.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

can onr be used as clay lube for the block??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSean View Post
    I notice that the "Cleaning Lubricant Gel" isn't sold individually (at least not on AG). However, the Elastrofoam foam block says it's good for up to 20 vehicles. How many vehicles would you guess can be cleaned using the one bottle that comes in this kit?

Hopefully you don't have to buy the entire kit each time you need more cleaning lubricant as that would make it not very cost effective.

You can pretty much use any quick detailer or clay lube, but obviously PFC recommends you use their Gel.

The Gel is very thick and the lubricity is very high.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    can onr be used as clay lube for the block??

Yes. The Cleaning Lubricant Gel is the first & only pH neutral gel lubricant.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I remember on another forum people talking about their biggest disappointments and listing the Elastrofoam being the top. Said it marred like crazy and was worse than using the most aggressive clay.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    I remember on another forum people talking about their biggest disappointments and listing the Elastrofoam being the top. Said it marred like crazy and was worse than using the most aggressive clay.
    Well, I have not had that experience. I will be using it on some darker vehicles in the days to come and I will report back.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast