autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Griots Garage One-Step Sealant (Part 1)- Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    He may be saying that these type products fill and hide more than they correct. That may be true, but they sure do make em look good in the meantime.
    I see. If it will fit a well-maintained paint, one with 0-5% below surface defects, and leaves a nice sealant as base for a wax, I think I can deal with the low cutting power and fillers. I wonder how it compares to FK215, which is cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Griots Garage One-Step Sealant (Part 1)- Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by brawl View Post
    I see. If it will fit a well-maintained paint, one with 0-5% below surface defects, and leaves a nice sealant as base for a wax, I think I can deal with the low cutting power and fillers. I wonder how it compares to FK215, which is cheaper.
    Not sure. I will look into that product as well.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    This having fillers is news to me. I visited the Tacoma store and was told that the one step sealant is a mix of machine polish 3 and their paint sealant. I was also told that machine polish 4 and their glaze are the only products that have fillers.

I have the one step on my shelf and it will get used this fall. I used the paint sealant last winter on my wife's car and it's the only sealant I've used that was 100% water spot free after 3 months. I hope the one step is the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    This having fillers is news to me. I visited the Tacoma store and was told that the one step sealant is a mix of machine polish 3 and their paint sealant. I was also told that machine polish 4 and their glaze are the only products that have fillers.

I have the one step on my shelf and it will get used this fall. I used the paint sealant last winter on my wife's car and it's the only sealant I've used that was 100% water spot free after 3 months. I hope the one step is the same way.

Yes Sir, sorry to bring the bad news. It sure does fill a bit. All sealants fill.

Give er a try. Im sure you will like it.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    The filling wasn't what I was referring to, I don't want to say what I've found as I wanna see if Gary finds the same to be true since our climates are close. It's really only a small detail, seeing 95% of my clients that get a wax also get their vehicles maintained by me as well, so I get to see the cars a lot. There's so many variables to how each product performs and who knows this may only be a problem I'm having with the application or removal of the product. Only time will tell, keep us posted if your maintaining any of these cars Gary
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfections View Post
    The filling wasn't what I was referring to, I don't want to say what I've found as I wanna see if Gary finds the same to be true since our climates are close. It's really only a small detail, seeing 95% of my clients that get a wax also get their vehicles maintained by me as well, so I get to see the cars a lot. There's so many variables to how each product performs and who knows this may only be a problem I'm having with the application or removal of the product. Only time will tell, keep us posted if your maintaining any of these cars Gary
    Ok... Will do
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I used this stuff again today and man... This stuff is fantastic! Easy on, easy off even in direct sunlight with crazy humidity. Im inpressed.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Dean, how does this product compare with Duragloss' AIO like 501 and their other ones???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capa1970 View Post
    Garry Dean, how does this product compare with Duragloss' AIO like 501 and their other ones???

Not sure... I will add that to my order along with FK215.

BTW, you may just call me Garry.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Garry. I wonder if anyone here has had a chance to compare Griots with Duragloss?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast