autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BlackFire Wet Diamond Sealant

Up until recently I had never noticed the sweating of BFWD, but when I used it on a Cadillac I did a correction on the next day it had bad sweating. When I wiped it all off before the customer came to pick it up I noticed that the gloss and color were even better than the day before so I was more than pleased with the results! This is my favorite sealant to use on anything with metal flake or black/red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Hi Alex, it is not normal for most sealants. BFWD is the only sealant I have seen it with but it's very minimal in comparison to a carnauba wax with very high carnauba content. With BFWD it really is a non issue. It is minimal if present at all dependent on the environment. If it appears at all it does not last long.

With waxes of HIGH carnauba content it can be incredible nasty, irritating, last a very long time and make you wonder why anyone pays a lot of money for an expensive wax that has these issues. Again though some environments don't have the issue.

For instance, I used Vintage which is a high content Nuba on my Sky before Detailfest. I applied it the day before driving down there. The next morning on my way down the car had sun on it for about 30 minutes before I got to AG. By the time I got out of the car my worst fears were realized and the whole car had a haze over it as if it had not been buffed. I buffed the sweating off repeatedly that day. At times I was buffing it every ten minutes! The next day it was a little better but still some. Even weeks and I think a month later after it had been washed multiple times if I pulled it into the sun I would see it haze up in places.

In contrast I have a couple buddies up in Canada who haven't seen it sweat much if at all. Humidity, etc plays a part.

I used swissvax concorso which also has high content and I had heard people complain. Well, I applied it and buffed it off. This time (as recommended by SV) I parked it in the sun for a couple hours immediately afterwards. It never sweated on me once. So it can be hit and miss based on a lot of factors.

Summary:
    It is normal for high content nubas.
    It is not normal for most waxes or for sealants.
    Thanks for the response Corey. Back in July when I did the 3 stage machine polish followed by a coat of SV Concorso, I didn't notice and sweating. This time around, I did a two stage (WG Twins) and a layer of Collinite 915 (machine applied) and a layer of SV Concorso. I noticed some hazing this time. I don't know if it was the fact that I didn't lat the 915 cure, but this was due to the fact that I was running out of time to complete my project. Now, after reading this review and seeing the pictures, I want to remove my LSPs and apply some BFWD and re-apply the 915 and SV.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

I used some today after polishing with Menz 85RD and a wipedown with Griots Pre-wax cleanser (another product that I really like). I was surprised at it's thin consistency but it went on real easy with a LC Blue pad on a PCXP and wiped off super easy leaving a great deep, reflective shine. Hope to get a second coat on by hand tomorrow. So far, I love this stuff!
    James
    2011 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Great on any color, wet diamond really stupifies on black and especially black metallic. Top with soveran and you'll want to dive into that shimmering black pool!
    If anyone else has applied Souveran paste wax after BFWD, how long did you wait (cure time) before topping it with the nuba?
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done it yet but it seems that 8 to 12 hours should be sufficient as that seems to ne the recommended cure time between layering of BFWD.
    James
    2011 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jreblackGT View Post
    I haven't done it yet but it seems that 8 to 12 hours should be sufficient as that seems to ne the recommended cure time between layering of BFWD.
    Thank You jreblackGT,

This is what I have been hearing as well just wanted to make sure. I am trying this out on a full correction and the customer wants to top it off with a nuba, good thing he agreed to leave it over for two days while he is out of state. Plenty of time to add some layers.
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, in this thread you say this is now one of your 3 favorite sealants, what are the other two?

How do you like this sealant compared to WG?

Post Thanks / Like

Just applied BFWD from a product sample I got a couple years back to my light blue F150 and WOW does it look great. Maybe, just MAYBE better than Megs UPW that I usually use. Only prep work besides a nice wash and dry was some limited spot clay barring and a cleaner wax about 3 weeks prior.

I did notice that it seemed to go on almost completely transparent- even more so than the other similar products I've used. I'm pretty sure that resulted in my over applying it, though it was still a breeze to buff out.

Very easy to use, and if attempting to wash it out of the applicator bonnet is any indication of how durable it is, I can't wait for the next job in 6 months or so

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can BFCS be applied over BFWD??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    Can BFCS be applied over BFWD??
    Wow, bringing it way back!

answer is yes!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast